Trying to find a: 2K, high refresh rate, gsync compatible, HDR 600+ monitor

Associate
I've been using an ancient 27" 2560x1440 60hz Mac monitor for so many years. It's basically on it's last legs.

Something burnt out a while ago and most days I have turn the plug switch on and off 50+ times to generate enough charge to turn the screen back on.

I want something to replace it, but what I want seems incredibly difficult to get, if not impossible.

27" - 32": I have limited desktop space. But I'd prefer not to go smaller, as I use the monitor for gaming (some FPS), movies and work.

2k resolution: 1080p is too low, I want something relatively future-proof, and 4k is too much for my ageing machine. I will upgrade probably when Ryzen 3 is out (and probably a new graphics card). But right now I have a GTX 1080. I don't want to struggle to play games at high setting @4k native, even if I did buy a 2080ti.

High refresh rate: 120hz+

Gsync: At least Gsync compatible. That being said, with high refresh rate.

HDR600+ (and certified): Yes, there are a lot of HDR400 monitors about. Reading many of the reviews for HDR400 monitors, the visual difference between HDR and SDR seems relatively negligible. As I mentioned before, I'd also be watching movies on this screen as well as gaming.

True there are some issue with running Gsync and HDR at the same time. Not sure if Gsync Ultimate solves the issue?

TLDR: Can anyone find a monitor that meets these specs:

• 27"-32" size
  • 2k Resolution (not 1080p or 4k)
  • High refresh rate
  • Gsync compatible
  • HDR600+ (certified)
  • Budget £800
So far the only thing that might fit the bill is the yet unreleased: Acer Predator XB323U

Cheers,
Ben

Back
Top Bottom