Trying to ring a mobile in the U.S.

Soldato
My sister is in America and I am trying to ring her. Shes been travelling for 5 months now and is due home on Thursday. I need to ring her to sort out getting her on the coach home when she lands at heathrow.
She has an English mobile number that has been able to receive txts from me but not send them. It would be much easier if I could ring her.
Any idea what number I should try dialling to get through to her. Ive dialled just the number and it just says it has not been possible to connect your call, but I know she is getting my txts cos then she emails me back.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Associate
Are you dialing from a landline or a mobile? If a mobile some times you have to ask them to unblock making calls to mobiles out the uk.

The way you should dial is 001[mobile number with out the 1st 0]

So if her number is 07777889966 you would dial 0017777889966

Hope that helps.

Soldato
kippermitten said:
Are you dialing from a landline or a mobile? If a mobile some times you have to ask them to unblock making calls to mobiles out the uk.

The way you should dial is 001[mobile number with out the 1st 0]

So if her number is 07777889966 you would dial 0017777889966

Hope that helps.

If it's a UK mobile I thought you didn't need to use the country codes?

I can call my dad's mobile when he's abroad by just using the normal number i.e.07711223344

Man of Honour
killsta said:
If it's a UK mobile I thought you didn't need to use the country codes?

I can call my dad's mobile when he's abroad by just using the normal number i.e.07711223344

Killsta is correct. You dial the regular number, and you'll be charged and treated as if it was in the UK. This is why the owner of the phone pays for incoming calls when abroad.

If it wont connect she is out of coverage or the phone is turned off.

Back
Top Bottom