• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Trynig to updare radeon drives but windows crashes, help!!

Associate
so, was getting the nvidia creators update balck screen thing so had to go back to my ancient 5550, so ordered a new 570, put in, its only displaying on 2 monitors and the device manage can only see one of them. so i try to update the drivers

3 times now, it gets to the driver instillation where it dings and black screens and then it hard restarts the computer.

Help!!! whats going on??

Associate
If that doesn't help ... hmm ... try standard Boze tools:
Code:
 sfc /scannow
and such (maybe CCleaner for starts, then windows repair, or restore).
Also you may try older driver.
And if all that doesn't help ... let someone else propose another approach.

GL ~~~

Soldato
Yes, definitely sounds like software rather than HW, even from your first message so surprised RMA was offered so quickly! Might have been driver related so clean OS will resolve it one way or another (if OS or driver).

Associate
I had trouble updating my 480 a while back. It would freak out half way through and crash. I had to use DDU to uninstall the drivers then download and install them from AMD's website.

Associate
OP
I had trouble updating my 480 a while back. It would freak out half way through and crash. I had to use DDU to uninstall the drivers then download and install them from AMD's website.

that didnt help but a clean windows wipe has

Yes, definitely sounds like software rather than HW, even from your first message so surprised RMA was offered so quickly! Might have been driver related so clean OS will resolve it one way or another (if OS or driver).

i thought so too, but the chap on the phone said it happens more than youd think so just RMA it, so i figured they deal with this everyday so who am i to be second guessing, so i returned it and ordered another

Back
Top Bottom