• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TTL Rightfully Calling Out Retailers Price Gouging

OcUK Staff
Maybe it was 3060 ti I saw. They only show prices in wierd situations. Like if I'm on my phone and using the mobile website or if I go into them while on the desktop website. They are still arranged in the order of the prices even though they are not displayed though.

3060 are in stock at OcUK, none are above £700 and the cheapest is still in stock at £579 and the £550 have sold out, we also have a 3060 at £449 in the MM on a very high-end OC model which you could buy, go check the MM.

Associate
3060 are in stock at OcUK, none are above £700 and the cheapest is still in stock at £579 and the £550 have sold out, we also have a 3060 at £449 in the MM on a very high-end OC model which you could buy, go check the MM.

That's what I meant.

OcUK Staff
That's what I meant.

The 3060Ti have not been sold online for months, as such the prices are set are just back end prices, essentially for safety reasons in case our website decides to put buy buttons on everything like it did a month ago, also our cost on 3060Ti are more expensive than 3070Ti, considerably more expensive, so even if we trimmed the prices they would still be around £650 upwards on 3060Ti.

Also remember this, the 3070Ti MSRP no longer exist unless its for an FE card which are rare limited drops, the AIB cards cost us more to buy in trade than the FE MSRP and the OC models have suggest pricing of £800-900 MSRP.

If anything this goes to show how miss leading current MSRP's are, because a 3070Ti is less than anywhere is selling a 3060, 3060Ti or 3070 for, you won't find the latter three anywhere under 3070Ti MSRP or even close, except at OcUK with the voucher deal on the Aorus Elite 3060 at £449

Associate
The 3060Ti have not been sold online for months, as such the prices are set are just back end prices, essentially for safety reasons in case our website decides to put buy buttons on everything like it did a month ago, also our cost on 3060Ti are more expensive than 3070Ti, considerably more expensive, so even if we trimmed the prices they would still be around £650 upwards on 3060Ti.

Also remember this, the 3070Ti MSRP no longer exist unless its for an FE card which are rare limited drops, the AIB cards cost us more to buy in trade than the FE MSRP and the OC models have suggest pricing of £800-900 MSRP.

If anything this goes to show how miss leading current MSRP's are, because a 3070Ti is less than anywhere is selling a 3060, 3060Ti or 3070 for, you won't find the latter three anywhere under 3070Ti MSRP or even close, except at OcUK with the voucher deal on the Aorus Elite 3060 at £449
add a marker on the website opr something because that will end up sticking you exactly where i suggested it might stick you earlier. i cant bring myself to even contemplate purchasing a card for 200 quid more than its almost 300 quid msrp even if that msrp is unrealistic it would haunt me for ages thinking ive been done over by somebody lol.

great to see these offers for cards come back to the MM.

Associate
Yeah I think anyone who took the time to read what was going on was happy with this, even if they can't get one themselves for lack of posts, still better than scalpers getting them

LWH

LWH

Associate
Supply and Demand. Everyone in the chain is making bank mark up because Demand > Supply. If you don't like the prices then don't buy it. If I had a 700 part and realised I could sell every single 700 part at 1200 instantly then I'd sell it at 1200.

The publicly traded corporation that is legally required to serve its Shareholders interests and maximise the money they take from you gives absolutely zero ***** about you. You should reciprocate.
I’d like to see the law on them being legally obliged to serve their shareholders. That isn’t how any of this works.

Last edited:
Associate
The fact that there were 2 "purchases" of a £5000 GPU shows how crazy the market is at the moment and how difficult it can be for legitimate persons to try and get a card. Glad there are some control measures being performed on this by Overclockers at least!

Associate
It is great that some retailers are trying to limit where possible, though it is a little harsh that another retailer cancelled my 3090 order as I managed to get a 3060ti back in Feb due to 1x 30 series limit but if it means every person gets 1 then it will stop some resellers as trade is still pretty hard work

hef

hef

Associate
I had actually put one of these at £5k into my cart just now before I came here to figure out why the silly price.
I have been trying to get a 3080FE to complete my ITX build since launch day. :(

Shame that I don't qualify to take part as a professional lurker but I applaud the concept. This is the most innovative and apparently effective way I've seen to defeat this nonsense bot buyer situation.
Back to checking for FE cards once a day for me I guess.

Associate
I had actually put one of these at £5k into my cart just now before I came here to figure out why the silly price.
I have been trying to get a 3080FE to complete my ITX build since launch day. :(

Shame that I don't qualify to take part as a professional lurker but I applaud the concept. This is the most innovative and apparently effective way I've seen to defeat this nonsense bot buyer situation.
Back to checking for FE cards once a day for me I guess.

Same here, i also almost fluked timing of a 3070ti on a competitor site at £899, but spent too long reading without adding to card, then it informed me all cards were in baskets with a countdown until everyone had completed payment. Really want a 3080+ as i'd like to upgrade my 1080ti soon it's 4yrs old now.

Back
Top Bottom