tuf a15 2021

Associate
Hi all
I've got Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506QR rtx 3070 95w, but the main issue I have with it my core clock is maximum 1290 mhz, and the ones on review sites have 1410 mhz. Keep in mind same laptop same specs.
Is there something I can do about it, its been 4 months since I got it. I've emailed asus about it, they told me to contact the retailer. Laptop was bought from here, overclockers uk site.
Can I get some advices
Thanks

Associate
OP
82u.png

this is my gpu z screen shot, showing my gpu is limited to 1290 mhz , just like the 80w one

Soldato
Hmm, I see what you mean.

Assuming it's this one, then yes, it does look like the default and boost clocks are low and that it's therefore running an 80W BIOS.

I compared mine, which is a 130W version, with this one on OcUK and my GPU-Z shows what they state - 1110 default, 1560 Boost.

Contact OcUK and ask them?

Associate
How odd, have you used MyASUS at all? I did all my BIOS updates through that and have had no issues with that.
Your next problem will be heat, I have gone a long way in terms for modifying mine and sitting it on a custom cooling tray to lower temps while gaming on full fat.

Associate
Hi all
I've got Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506QR rtx 3070 95w, but the main issue I have with it my core clock is maximum 1290 mhz, and the ones on review sites have 1410 mhz. Keep in mind same laptop same specs.
Is there something I can do about it, its been 4 months since I got it. I've emailed asus about it, they told me to contact the retailer. Laptop was bought from here, overclockers uk site.
Can I get some advices
Thanks

Out of interest prouv whats the screen like on your laptop.

Associate
Out of interest prouv whats the screen like on your laptop.

Are you asking if it's the 144 or 240hz?
Or how good the 240hz is?
The 240hz if i remember correctly has a better colour spectrum at 100% sRGB but I forget what the less screen has. I haven't played anything as high as 240fps but at 100+ it is really smooth, good viewing angle and on the whole sweet quality. Unlike a few other aspects of the laptop lol

Back
Top Bottom