Turkish protests

Caporegime
Hey, here's an idea. How about we stop sticking our noses into the internal problems of other countries, at least until we stop causing at least some of them.

Yeah screw it... who cares about other human beings we should respect the legal notion of a Sovereign state and just turn a blind eye when the government of another state abuses/kills its citizens... Yay... lets go for the Russia/China foreign policy approach.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Poor lad, i hope hes alright. I thought that Erdogan is getting elected thanks to votes from the conservative islamists? No wonder the protests are erupting in Constantinople and the west generally.

Yes, but bolstered by bribery.

The government are initiating an Internet blackout today in order to stem the flow of information to the rest of the world.

Here's a disturbing video of citizens attacking one another with police approval.

And more police brutality.

Last edited:
Soldato
I lost all interest in this when some of the protesters started spreading lies about what's actually happening. There is one big post going around tumblr and other sites supposedly showing pictures of what's happening and people who have died... except that some of the pictures are months/years old, and have nothing to do with it.

If there was some good truthful information perhaps I would actually try and look into the situation more, but as it stands it's just silly.

Soldato
The 'democratic process' over in Turkey is far more corrupt than in the West. The vote was gained by bribery and by going to the poorer areas of the country, giving the slums coal and food and getting them to vote for them in return. They're even paying the poorer members of society to side with the police during these protests. Yes Tayyip was 'elected' 'democratically' but the slow strangulation of peoples' personal rights, freedom of speech and freedom of expression has snowballed throughout his government and this was the final straw.

Also I have no idea on what planet injuring and killing your own citizens is a valid method of policing. Here's more of your valid method.

Yes, but bolstered by bribery.

The government are initiating an Internet blackout today in order to stem the flow of information to the rest of the world.

Here's a disturbing video of citizens attacking one another with police approval.

And more police brutality.

I hope the guy is ok. Shocking videos I just don't understand the Turkish government are they a backward lot?

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
I lost all interest in this when some of the protesters started spreading lies about what's actually happening. There is one big post going around tumblr and other sites supposedly showing pictures of what's happening and people who have died... except that some of the pictures are months/years old, and have nothing to do with it.

If there was some good truthful information perhaps I would actually try and look into the situation more, but as it stands it's just silly.

This tends to happen with a lot of current events. People start posting and reposting wrong information. That's the internet for you. It doesn't change the fact that things are very bad over there right now. Stick to reliable sources if you are unsure.

Looks like it's calming down, I hope it stays that way as I'm in Istanbul on Saturday. Was not expecting Istanbul to be most concerning part of a trip to Iraq :p.

Not really calming down. This is in Ankara today.

I'll be in Istanbul next month. Which part are you going to?

Soldato
This tends to happen with a lot of current events. People start posting and reposting wrong information. That's the internet for you. It doesn't change the fact that things are very bad over there right now. Stick to reliable sources if you are unsure.

But how can you say that when you said the Boston marathon bombings were a, staged, false flag event?

Man of Honour

Not really calming down. This is in Ankara today.

I'll be in Istanbul next month. Which part are you going to?

Only there for one day so going to see Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Basilica Sistern and checkout the Grand Bazaar. Read somewhere that Istanbul was in clean up but Al Jazeera are reporting people going back to Taksim square now...

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Only there for one day so going to see Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Basilica Sistern and checkout the Grand Bazaar. Read somewhere that Istanbul was in clean up but Al Jazeera are reporting people going back to Taksim square now...

Yeah it was planned that they would go back for 2pm their time.

Caporegime
The 'democratic process' over in Turkey is far more corrupt than in the West. The vote was gained by bribery and by going to the poorer areas of the country, giving the slums coal and food and getting them to vote for them in return. They're even paying the poorer members of society to side with the police during these protests. Yes Tayyip was 'elected' 'democratically' but the slow strangulation of peoples' personal rights, freedom of speech and freedom of expression has snowballed throughout his government and this was the final straw.

Also I have no idea on what planet injuring and killing your own citizens is a valid method of policing. Here's more of your valid method.

Kinda sounds like the last Labour government here....

Back
Top Bottom