TV advice for PS5 and 120htz OLED

Associate
Hi all

I have a 2 year old 4k tv (lg), it wasn't very expensive but the PS5 still looks nice on it, blacks are not great. I am thinking of upgrading to a oled, whats the best and ideally cheapest option out there? I'd like to be able to play the 120htz games.

Thanks in advance :)

Soldato
Probably LG CX. Ticks box’s most people are after for an OLED that is also amazing to game on (well don’t have CX rather C9 which is similar and I game on often and is Amazing)

there is also the BX if you want to save cash. Does not feature as an advanced processor, less HDMI ports and not as bright. But I imagine the picture benefits the advanced processor brings about for most content will be negligible in game mode which you would use with the ps5, which cuts on the processing anyways. Likewise unlikely the HDMI port count will give you issues. Peak brightness would be only delta I think you would see side by side in game mode vs a CX, but I imagine HDR performance will still be nice.

Soldato
The only thing the LG BX/CX has going against it was the colours where dull compared to competitors.
However with the recent discovery of the "secret menu" by pressing 1113111 while on Settings - Picture Mode Settings and changing the Colorimetry to BT2020 that disadvantage pretty much disappears. They are solid buys for the price.

Back
Top Bottom