TV and/or paranormal experts needed in here

Soldato
A bit of an odd one.
My TV this morning started to turn on and off from stand by every second in a never ending loop.

I assumed it went faulty after 3 years and called John Lewis to collect it for repairs. I unplugged it all ready to be collected.
I put my spare little tv in it's place and it had exactly the same problem!

I thought it might be a dodgy plug socket, so I plugged it in the other side of the living room - the same problem. Yet everything else in the living room is working as it should, internet modem, tv box, lights ect.

I plugged the TV's in the kitchen and they work..! I then plugged the little one in an extension cable and walked with it into the living room and as soon as I did, on and off.

Anyone got any idea what's going on?

Soldato
OP
Some TV's will turn on when they detect a signal from an external device. Does it do it with no input device connected?.

I've literally unplugged everything in the living room, tried 3 different sockets there the same problem. Both TVs come on for a second, then back into stand by and on again ect. Been doing it for hours, yet they work in the kitchen.

Replaced batteries in remote and I can't see anyone outside trolling with a remote.

Soldato
OP
Remote stuck under a sofa cushion with the button pressed in?

Or otherwise, a dodgy remote which is switching them on and off.

I've even removed the batteries from the remotes and manually powered the tv on. Both TVs work in the kitchen, as soon as I move them back in the living room, on and off

Soldato
OP
There is an infrared source in that room doing it.

Block the sensor on the tv and then you can verify.

Ah man! I could kiss you! Well at least owe you a drink. I was searching for infrared sources. My drilled Alexa (for work reasons) firestick remote was spamming my tv with infrared. Really strange, it was working fine for a month. I guess Alexa was not happy having a hole in her ears :o oQSr13z.jpg

Soldato
There is an infrared source in that room doing it.

Block the sensor on the tv and then you can verify.

This. We used to get it all the time with certain Fluorescent strip lights. The best was a Mitsubishi tv that at 16:15'ish every day (apart from weekends) would turn on. Go to Ch4 and blast the volume.

Caporegime
Ah man! I could kiss you! Well at least owe you a drink. I was searching for infrared sources. My drilled Alexa (for work reasons) firestick remote was spamming my tv with infrared. Really strange, it was working fine for a month. I guess Alexa was not happy having a hole in her ears :o
Colour me shocked that there was a non-paranormal explanation for this.

I was convinced it was the ghost of Christmas past.

Back
Top Bottom