TV keeps turning off

Associate
I have at home a Samsung UE40UK6020 TV connected to a Denon AVRX2300W amp that has connected to it a gaming PC, nvidia Shield, blu ray player and new VM TV box

All are connected up with brand new Amazon HDMI cables

Initially I had problems with my PC where I'd be playing a game and the audio would drop out (image would still show on the TV) Tested a spare Amazon HDMI cable and it solved the problem so bought a batch load and since then, no issues with the audio

Next issue was the TV screen turning itself off whilst gaming, I'd turn back on manually and several minutes later. Turn itself off again... this turned out to be a memory setting in the BIOS so since made that change all OK

However, TV turning itself off problem has now moved to the Virgin Media box. TV V6 box arrived yesterday and connected up, no problems and works fine. After a while and again this morning, the TV would keep turning itself off. You can still hear the audio and if I use the remote to 'try' and navigate the VM box, you can hear the Tivo beeps

Any ideas what could be causing this? All eco settings on the TV are off and no signs of any standby options. TV is also running the latest software / firmware

Soldato
you don't say if you have taken the Denon Av out of the loop to see if that is the issue ? - see if the TV still shows same issue when connected directly to V6 box
(sound very curious the BIOS setting you reference to fix similar problem . are you sure that was responsible ..or did you change something else do you have a link ?)

Associate
It could be getting a hdmi-cec signal to switch off but then I'd expect amp etc to switch off as well.
Is it actually switching off or is it no signal and going to standby?

Associate
OP
Usually if its getting no signal I will get a no signal from HDMI error on screen but the screen is going black straight away with no notice and the red standby light is on.

I could try directly plugging in the V6 to the TV when I get home

Yeah it is strange, Plec helped me on another post as the voltages on my memory werent what they should be. Strange...but since changing (and no nothing else has changed) no issues

Associate
OP
Ok so get home and TV has already turned off several times whilst my lads watching VM

Disconnect from the amp and connect direct

Leave on for over an hour and OK

Checked on amp and there was an eco setting for the main zone that was set to 15 minutes. Now the tv is turning itself off more regular than that but set that as off and gone back through the amp.

Been an hour now and now turn offs (fingers crossed that may have been the problem)

Soldato
Disable all CEC and anynet features, maybe do a TV reset. Watch something over S-Video, SCART or TV aerial and see what happens. Disable any power saving/shut down on the TV.

If it still does it then maybe PSU fault.

Soldato
The TiVo v6 has no CEC features what so ever (Virgin still lagging behind the times :rolleyes:) so I can't see it being an Anynet+/CEC issue. I would still be suspicious of the Amp, does it have any upscaling options that can be disabled?

Back
Top Bottom