TV / Monitor for Xbox Series X 120hz

Associate
Hello OCUK Forum,

My brother is a console player and he's looking for a TV or monitor purely for when he's playing games on the console. He wants to use the performance mode on some games (specifically Warzone at the moment) in order to achieve up to 120fps but I'm not sure what to recommend him in terms of higher hz screens with lower ms and all that good stuff. He has a 4K60HZ TV already that he'll use for watching other media further away as it's a larger screen.

I have a feeling the consoles will not run 4k 120fps on games in order to take advantage of a higher refresh rate screen so should I be looking at 4k at all? Will the games automatically scale the 4k image down in order to maintain higher fps rates and therefore I should recommend him a 4k screen still or drop to 1440p? I think a screen size of 27-35" would be ideal as he sits quite close when playing.

Any suggestions on what I should recommend him are very much appreciated. Thank you.

Soldato
I have a Dell S2721DGF that does native 1440p @ 120hz with a Series X.

The Samsung G7 works well with both Xbox and PS5.

And if you can find one the LG 27GN950-B is a good option as it can do 4k @ 60hz and when available will output 1080p @ 120hz

For TV's the LG OLED's are the best, with a couple of cheaper models available from LG (
LG 49NANO866NA) and Samsung that can do 4k 120hz with hdmi 2.1

Otherwise Q2 should start seeing 4k 120hz monitors with hdmi 2.1 etc

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'll take a look at your suggestions, thanks! Also I think anything that's over 40" is just going to be a little to large for his situation, mainly in regards to those LG OLED TVs :)

Back
Top Bottom