TV Placement ideas in living room.

Soldato

After moving ive been left with a corner sofa, not ideal, above is my living room and the only logical place for the TV at the moment is sitting in the corner due to the poor placement of the living room door which is about 1.45m from the wall.

Considering moving the door to the other end to make the living room more usable. Im just wondering if im missing something with a better TV placement, as im considering swapping out the corner sofa for a 3 seater and a couple of chairs. Any ideas from anyone with a similar setup would be much appreciated!

I tried moving the corner sofa to the other side of the door where theres more space but it looks stupid there.

Soldato
Is that a fireplace that I see on the floor plans?! I actually think you're a bit stuck with your current setup. Is the room much larger on the opposite side? Moving the door is an option, but seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Soldato
No fireplace, its just a flat wall that side.

Hmm, consideration on bricking up the dining room, dont really need access to it from there - good idea :)

Save the trouble and mount the screen on the opposite wall to the left of where the fireplace is depicted on the plans. Move the sofa
To the diagonally opposite corner and you should have more space, unless the floor plan is very misleading of course.

Soldato
Move the living room door that room needs gutting anyway and it’s not a big job i’d Also knock down the wall between the kitchen and dinning room and block off the doors from the dinning room into the living room.

Looking at the decor you have loads more to worry about than the perfect tv setup!

Associate
I’d say that’s about perfect height sat in that sofa!

Agreed. Personally I like the middle of the TV screen to be roughly level with my eyes.

My work involves wall mounting TVs, and one of the first things I advise customers is to not have the TV too high. I sometimes see TVs installed above fireplaces with the sofa no more than 10 feet away. Looks good in a show home or a sale's brochure, not so good if you are going to use the TV most days. I'd rather install a TV on a corner unit than have to watch it from "underneath".

Soldato
I’d say that’s about perfect height sat in that sofa!

Agreed. Personally I like the middle of the TV screen to be roughly level with my eyes.

My work involves wall mounting TVs, and one of the first things I advise customers is to not have the TV too high. I sometimes see TVs installed above fireplaces with the sofa no more than 10 feet away. Looks good in a show home or a sale's brochure, not so good if you are going to use the TV most days. I'd rather install a TV on a corner unit than have to watch it from "underneath".

Looks below eye level to me though, unless you sit in the sofa very slumped. Looks like an OLED tho so at least the viewing angle shift won't be too bad.

Associate
Looks below eye level to me though, unless you sit in the sofa very slumped. Looks like an OLED tho so at least the viewing angle shift won't be too bad.

It might be slightly below eye level, but I'd prefer that than having it much higher. If I were going to wall mount it, I wouldn't want the bottom edge of the screen being any higher than the dado rail. That's personal preference though, other's might want to look upwards at their screen.

Soldato
It might be slightly below eye level, but I'd prefer that than having it much higher. If I were going to wall mount it, I wouldn't want the bottom edge of the screen being any higher than the dado rail. That's personal preference though, other's might want to look upwards at their screen.
Sat relaxed on that sofa your eyes would be mid screen unless your a giant or sit with perfect Victorian posture! A tv any with the bottom any where near the dado would be too high!

Associate
Sat relaxed on that sofa your eyes would be mid screen unless your a giant or sit with perfect Victorian posture! A tv any with the bottom any where near the dado would be too high!

Again, I agree that the TV in the photo is at the height I'd be happy with, I wouldn't bother wall mounting it in that room. And chances are that a Blu-ray player/Games console/Sky box need somewhere to live.

Caporegime
Move the living room door that room needs gutting anyway and it’s not a big job i’d Also knock down the wall between the kitchen and dinning room and block off the doors from the dinning room into the living room.

Looking at the decor you have loads more to worry about than the perfect tv setup!

I think you may want to google the location. That should be his biggest worry. Drug capital of Scotland and every fifth male has a knife scar on their face.

Back
Top Bottom