TV Providers

Associate
Hey,

We're looking to renew our package but want the best deal. BT TV and Internet are coming in 40% cheaper than the same packages on sky.

Has anyone ever went from sky to bt or does anyone have BT and give me their thoughts on it?

Much appreciated.

Associate
OP
Depends on what you want?

At the moment we have the Sky cinema, entertainment and kids, which we're not really bothered about anything else. BT can offer the same packages minus a few channels but I've never seen anyone with BT TV or have had any experiences with them so was hoping for a little more insight into if they're actually any good.

Soldato
At the moment we have the Sky cinema, entertainment and kids, which we're not really bothered about anything else. BT can offer the same packages minus a few channels but I've never seen anyone with BT TV or have had any experiences with them so was hoping for a little more insight into if they're actually any good.

BT TV to my knowledge is through the Internet same as Nowtv. Better going with Nowtv as its generally a sky clone at a cheaper price.

I've been a now tv user for years and generally pay about £2-4 month for entertainment and maybe up to a max of £5 for movies. That beats any deal either sky or bt TV can offer.

However you're limited to 720p and the interface is a touch annoying at times.

This is just for the tv packages and doesn't cover Internet if you need that as well.

Associate
OP
BT TV to my knowledge is through the Internet same as Nowtv. Better going with Nowtv as its generally a sky clone at a cheaper price.

I've been a now tv user for years and generally pay about £2-4 month for entertainment and maybe up to a max of £5 for movies. That beats any deal either sky or bt TV can offer.

However you're limited to 720p and the interface is a touch annoying at times.

This is just for the tv packages and doesn't cover Internet if you need that as well.

Yeah ideally we want the Internet aswell as that alone is looking about 28 so would like some sort of package deal.

Soldato
Yeah ideally we want the Internet aswell as that alone is looking about 28 so would like some sort of package deal.

Not sure if you're a Vodafone mobile customer but they have a great Internet deal for about £20 iirc if you're already a customer. I was with them for 18 months with no problems and max speeds.

Soldato
Word of warning with Vodafone; if everything works as it should they are fantastic, should anything go wrong however, then their customer service is still as shocking as it's ever been.

Associate
OP
Word of warning with Vodafone; if everything works as it should they are fantastic, should anything go wrong however, then their customer service is still as shocking as it's ever been.

Yeah, I used to do the IT for one of their call centres and never heard any of them actually do much in the way of decent customer service.

Soldato
The BT box is okay. It's no Sky Q competitor. We use it without a subscription, so we can record, pause, etc. live TV, then we use a Roku with Now TV, Amazon Prime Video and Netflix subscriptions for everything else. Comes to less than £15 a month (Netflix through Turkey, Amazon as a Student subscription, Now TV Ent on a £50/year deal) without Now TV Movies.

Now TV is fine as long as you don't want sport. The sport is pricey.

Soldato
BT TV is pretty poor, I had it for a while when they offers were really good - got the UHD box free and all the "desirable" channels for about £8 a month or something which was a lot cheaper than Sky. It was worth it at the time to get Universal, SyFy, Dave HD etc but most of the subscription channels are quite poor now as they simply can't compete with the likes of Netflix and Amazon. I cancelled in the end, kept the box to use for recording Freeview stuff and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom