TV shows back in the day for gamers

Soldato
Anyone else used to watch bad influence, gamemaster, another I can't remember too well that was on very late iirc. Sometimes old Saturday morning shows had gaming segments too.

Shame these died off when the internet got going. Wonder what a modern one would be, hmm then again it probably just be odd review then watch two teams battle in fortnight or the other one for 20 mins lol.

Was there any other shows for computer gaming that I've missed?

Which was ur favs and what bits did you like.

Oh and the cheats they showed, how dare they lol. Nah but everyone wanted to know cheats back in them days. Least mp wasn't around and the shows didnt go telling ppl about wallhacks or memory editors etc, lol

Soldato
Haven't heard Bits mentioned for years. I used to fancy Emily Booth. A quick google (if it's the same Emily Booth) shows me she's still fit!

Gamesmaster was great, I used to sit there with a mega drive controller pretending I was playing the games :D :(

Associate
Used to watch Games World on Sky One in the mid 90's (Bob Mills presented it, had in-house gamers to challenge, Big Boy Array et al).

Can't forget the Games Mistress too.....Jet from Gladiators.

Soldato
Watched all the ones mentioned above.

Games World used to be on 5 night a week on Sky, pretty unbelievable really when games were nowhere as big as they are now. There used to be a slot on the Big Breakfast every Wednesday morning I think called "Master Blaster" anyone remember that? Chris Evan would talk to a nerdy looking teenager about games.

Soldato
Gamesmaster was great.

Dominik Diamond is seriously underrated as a TV presenter, and he used to drop a shed load of sexual innuendo in to what could be classified as TV program that was appropriate for children.

Associate
i remember gamemaster, chips with everything sometimes had gaming related questions more to do with hardware though kate russell was the presenter.

Man of Honour
Gamesmaster was great.

Dominik Diamond is seriously underrated as a TV presenter, and he used to drop a shed load of sexual innuendo in to what could be classified as TV program that was appropriate for children.

Couldn't agree more.

I was in my early 20's when GamesMaster was on, so found it very funny.

Soldato
GamesMaster being the obvious choice, and well mentioned in this thread. Dominik Diamond taught me as a kid that I could describe something rubbish as pants :D I think my parents tolerated me watching the show because they found him amusing.

Gamesworld too I used to watch whenever I could but didn't have cable TV at the time so could only see it at friends houses.

The other I remember, which is a bit newer, Gamesville. It was obvious those presenters knew nothing about gaming and were quite cringey to watch.

Associate
Fondly remember watching/recording Cybernet (with the delectable Lucy Longhurst voiceover) which was on late night ITV. Looking back at it I have no idea how it ran for so long!

Back
Top Bottom