US: Twin peaks original and 2017 new series

Caporegime
Anyone watched Twin peaks 1990?

I'm watching Season 1 and its great....

Readying myself to jump on the new Twin peaks following on 25 years after

Directed and Written By Lynch.

Permabanned
My favourite TV show of all time. Scratch that, one of my favourite THINGS of all time.

Just as a heads up, season 2 can get quite dull at times... but stick with it! The last episode alone is worth the wait.

Soldato
The first two series and movie were great, but I'm really struggling with season 3. Too much has changed - the kooky humour, chilled pace, the grounded story punctuated with totally weird **** that makes it not grounded at all, has just been replaced with a load of weird stuff. I'll struggle on but so far this is a perfect demonstration of why less is more.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Is this the main discussion for S3?

Not impressed with the banality of dougie jones; 2 episodes of his bumbling is far too much (or has it been 3?). It's mainly the implausibility of his acceptance in the community that grates. Twin Peaks is generally abstract and implausible, but it has all been portrayed as plausible in their universe. Until Dougie...

E8. Wow. WTF. Thought I was watching an 80's dance vid for the first half. Second half, more questions than answers.

Who gulped the frog/insect? I'm guessing log lady.
Whose face was in the bubble? I think it was a younger Bob. I only think this because bad cooper looked like good cooper with a face bubble protruding out of his gut.
Who are the vagrants? They seem related to Bob if they helped him get back inside good(bad) cooper.
Laura Palmer's image was sent from the space tower back in 1945? Is she the overall key to some kind of earth saving effort by the munsters??
Was the space tower part of the mushroom cloud? I dont think so since they were looking at earth from afar.
Ugh!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom