1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twins separated at birth end up getting married

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haircut, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Pookie Bear

Soldato

We were discussing this in the office when I asked one of the lads, "So, if you found out your wife was actually your sister, would you still, you know, doink her?" to which he replied, "Why not, it's not like I've grown up with her!". :eek:

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. PaulStat

Soldato

Yeah I think so, so long as you don't have kids together

3. mejinks

Mobster

I just puked in my bin. Thats got to be harsh. A friend of mine found out that his mums dad and his dads mum were related and they married through accident. That makes my mates dad his second cousin I think. He was traumatised, although I think it was the merciless mickey taking he received for years after that sent him over the edge.

4. Spend_day

Wise Guy

yes it would be..... wouldn't it

5. RandomTom

Sgarrista

course it would yeh.

6. roadie

Mobster

It's an amazing story. However, the grief that they must be feeling must be unbearable.

Anyone seen Old Boy?

7. MHayes

PermaBanned

I am already a twin so the chances of this happening to me is quite slim, unless there is a missing triplet:eek:

8. Gackt

Soldato

Well, they've obviously fallen in love as 'normal' people - they never knew that they were related. So I don't see any problem there. If they had known, then yeah...something's up, lol.

If they were to continue, they should consider adoption rather than conception. I'd put money that it would be social and legal boundaries that'll stop them staying together rather than the genetic, as that can be overcome (as above: adoption) which is a shame because they could be perfect for each other.

If I was in their position, I would probably still aim to be with the other person. But that's probably because I'm hopeless and awkward and desperate for love. :p

9. Dinomania

Mobster

Cousins are "allowed" to marry though. Might just be that the genes are different enough that it's safer.

My grandfather and his brother married my grandmother and her cousin - it makes for lots of mangled-sounding relatives but really there's nothing dodgy there at all...

10. Muffin`

Caporegime

Yeah the Royal family back to the middle 19th Century all married their cousins, they all turn out fine.

:o

11. Energize

Caporegime

To be fair, most dna in the human body doesn't do anything, and most mutations are substutions which quite often don't do anything because it ends up coding for the same amino acid anyway.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  12. Zogger

Mobster

and let's face it, how will we ever have super powers if we don't have mutations?

13. Mr Joshua

Mobster

It doesn't need to, they're male and female...

14. gizmoy2k

Mobster

Some people really seem to be struggling with whats going on here ehe !! :D

15. Deadly Ferret

Man of Honour

Yeah, I agree. In for a penny, in for a pound. They'd already married, so what's the point of trying to undo something after it's too late?

I think if it were me, I would want to continue as man & wife and the two of us just try to get over the revelation. Hopefully my sister would still covet my body. :D

16. Vertigo1

Capodecina

I was thinking more of Rimmerworld myself :)

17. Will_3rd

Soldato

tough luck for both of them, hope they can get on with their lives :(

18. peetee

Soldato

didnt read through thread but saw this on bbc earlier, someone tipped off the hollyoaks writers then ay?

19. helpimcrap

Capodecina

that is really sad i think. :(

does make you wonder how many people are currently married and related in similar ways as records have never been brilliant where the governments concerned. especially 30 or 40 years ago when i suppose records were more limited.

20. MikeHunt79

Capodecina

:D Every cloud has a silver lining.

EDIT: I wonder if they found out thru DNA tests?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008