• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Two 1060's at £200 each vs one 1080 at £450?

Associate
Even if you could sli them, the FPS would be far far less than 1x 1080. A 1070 would outperform it. A 1070 outperforms 2x RX 480 whilst being cheaper.

Caporegime
Has sli/crossfire a lower end card ever make economical sense? I suppose if you only bought one originally and then could get another cheap later on maybe.

I don't think it has. Especially when a lot of games don't even recognise the second card so just ignore it.

The most pointless thing ever invented was crossfire and SLI imo. Sure if you buy 1 card then another 2-3 years later second hand for cheap. but why not just sell it and buy another faster card instead using the same money?

Associate
A 1070 would outperform it. A 1070 outperforms 2x RX 480 whilst being cheaper.

Not anywhere I have seen benches lately. 2X480s were neck and neck (Depending on games) with a 1080 and beating it in DX12 games the last time I saw any benches. I havent seen anywhere that has contradicted that, unless you know different and have a link. :)

Caporegime
Associate
It can, but only in game coded for multi gpu , so that pretty much limits you to ashes of the singularity, which is a dreadful pile of cack anyway.

Back
Top Bottom