Two exact same ND1000 filters, different results?

Soldato
So here's one for you. Last month I purchased a Zomei 10 Stop Nd filter (100x100) from eBay, long story short it ended up coming from China (direct from Zomei) which I hadn't anticipated so I purchased a second one from Amazon to tide me over as it was going to take up to 4 weeks to arrive. The variant direct from Zomei arrived yesterday and I've spent the afternoon taking some test shots. One thing that stood out was that my exposures were considerably longer than what I had been using over the weekend with the variant from Amazon. So I tested the 2 filters, same lens/efis etc and low and behold they aren't even close to each other! I need to expose one at 10s with the other at 30s to get the best comparison (darker one is from Zomei)
Fortunately I had a circular 10 stop Nd filter (different brand) and it is near as dammit bang on with the filter I bought from Amazon, has this happened anyone before?

Soldato
OP
Yes they are both exactly the same with the same markings, nd1000 made from Schott glass. Even the boxes are exactly the same, exact precise barcode and identifier numbers.

Back
Top Bottom