Two player travel friendly game

Soldato
Hey!

The wife and I are going away for a couple weeks at the end of the month and while we always take some cards with us (and play Carcassonne on the tablet), I was thinking I might see if anyone has any suggestions for some fun travel friendly (so either really small, or app-based) two-player games to take with.

Anyone got any ideas?

Associate
Star Realms and Valley of the Kings are good small deck building games for 2 players. There is also a Star Realms app which is great on the phone or tablet, and very polished as far as apps go.

Gubs is another card game, I wouldn't rate it on par with the above (personally). But it's multiplayer and can be a decent filler game for game night too - also travel friendly.

Space Hulk Death Angel (out of print but still knocking around), I enjoy and you don't necessarily have to be a 40k fan - my girlfriend enjoys the strategy element and has never played 40k. Small box here too.

Last edited:
Soldato
How about Citadels.
Deck of cards and a few tokens, so pretty small package. Has several expansions and will do from 2 to 8 players (in case you have any friends).

We've played it with 2, 3, 5 and 8 people before, including some elderly in-laws and grandparents, as well as young folk - We've pretty much played it to death several times over, yet haven't even touched the expansions yet... given how quickly I get hacked off with Bored Games that don't involve rolling D20s, I think that's testament to how good this one actually is.

Back
Top Bottom