Tyne Tunnel late payment PCN

Soldato
Hi all

I went through the Tyne Tunnel on the 15th June (even though I chose "no tolls" in Google maps) and had no money on me so chose to pay later. Machine printed out an invoice and off I went. Same happened on the return journey. I tried to pay both the following day and the website just kept erroring when I tried so I thought I would try another card. I got busy and forgot so tried it the following day.

Clearly designed for deceit the invoice states you can pay by 00:01 17/06... so I tried to pay on the 17/06 and it was too late. My bad, I didn't read or comprehend properly so fine, it is what it is. The website says to await a PCN.

It's now a month later and no PCN. I can't seem to get hold of anyone on a phone or find any email address or anything to try find out what is going on. It's not that I WANT a PCN but I don't want to suddenly find a CCJ on my credit file for some reason.

The car is registered to my address with the DVLA so there is no chance of it being sent somewhere else due to that sort of thing.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a PCN through? I just want to get it paid and move on with my life.

Soldato
It'll take ages to get the PCN through, no sweat. You are a million miles from a CCJ and would have ample ample ample opportunities to pay.

Soldato
Just a Q that has come to mind and I have recent experience of - is the Tyne Tunnel a bit like Dartford Crossing where you can setup an account to pay automatically? I sold a car recently and forgot to notify Dartford and kept paying for the new owner's crossings :rolleyes:

Is it a new second hand car that could be registered to someone else?

Soldato
OP
Just a Q that has come to mind and I have recent experience of - is the Tyne Tunnel a bit like Dartford Crossing where you can setup an account to pay automatically? I sold a car recently and forgot to notify Dartford and kept paying for the new owner's crossings :rolleyes:

Not new, car is definitely registered to my home address and I have been here a number of years. No idea about these tunnels as I don't live anywhere near one but the ticket was definitely not paid as when I enter the details it says "you've not paid in the time allotted await a PCN".

Last edited:
Soldato

Yeah I have a account set up as I use it once a week and it's quicker at the tolls, you can set up a direct debit but I just top the account up every now and then.

It's all ran though an app and is pretty easy to manage cars in the account and topping up etc.

I'm not sure on the OP's question but typically they aren't too quick go get things done in the TT.

Back
Top Bottom