Soldato
Am loving my U11+; easily getting 2 days use out of it and had just under 3 days use the other weekend with 15% left when I plugged in!!

It's now in stock and available direct from HTC through the HTC Club pages for £629.10 still so grab one there - they used DPD for our pre-order deliveries around Christmas but not sure if that'll still be the case now.

Associate
I'm not happy with the battery life of my u11.

Plus the usb to 3.5mm jack keeps breaking down, i can only hear music on the right channel of my iem and not left, it has done this numerous times so yeah.

Last edited:
Soldato
Might be somewhat surprising that I'm posting this, but after my support experience with HTC today they deserve to fail in any way they can.

I previously though that Gboard had a software issue (visual artifacts) while swiping on occasion, but I can confirm this is a hardware issue. The display on my unit occasionally develops a scan line-like pattern that fades if you don't touch it. If you do touch the display, the effect becomes more and more grey-red (but of course fades).

The same can be replicated when pressing hard on the display (much like any LCD) but I'm finding this happens randomly when picking up my phone after having it sit on my desk.

Under the Consumer Rights Act of 2015, you have up to 30 days to request a no-quibbles refund for a faulty device such as this. HTC have openly stated to me that they are not willing to conform to this (they're aware that I've stated my rights to them) and are refusing to issue a refund (why issue a replacement when I have refund rights?).

A real shame as otherwise the phone is fantastic, but HTC's support has fallen even further; I hadn't realised such poor support was even possible.

At £170 more from CPW, you're better off purchasing a Pixel 2 XL instead.

Associate
OP
Can't defend HTC's customer service if I am honest. I have heard many complaints regarding this over the coming months. How did you pay for it? I deliberately used a credit card to protect myself from such nonsense after going through the motions with OnePlus.

You should blast them for this

Soldato
Debit card payment, but chargeback shouldn't be too challenging considering it's a blatant breach of the contract (and thus the law).

Have now tried all avenues (Digital River support, HTC support, tried arranging a call with the returns/repair department based in Poland without a reply) so contact with HTC corporate, if that fails, get a return address, just send it back under tracked shipping, then chargeback process.

Have now purchased a Pixel 2 XL 128GB from Google, who were more than willing to price match CPW (via a refund post-sale, still to be processed) despite their policy stating otherwise. At least Google's support is a known good; regardless of the known issues with the devices, such as blue tint, I've found them to be better than Apple for support overall, factoring in the Apple Store experience not being particularly strong and their customer support often making (not particularly serious) mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom