Uber eats

Soldato
So last night i got in from the pub and ordered a big mac meal from uber eats.About 20 minutes later i got a call from Uber to say its too late and my order can’t be delivered.

Fair enough,so i went on just eat and ordered a pizza. Five minutes later mcdonalds turns up. Being mildly drunk i did not refuse to take it. However, i then bad two meals. I contacted uber ears to get a refund and they are refusing..

Should i be refunded?

Soldato
No but ubers office called to say its cancelled...

That doesn't sound normal, if it's been cancelled you'd normally get a cancellation confirmation.

Sounds like they told you it was cancelled but it had probably been picked up at that point.

The key thing you need here is proof that it was cancelled. Without that I fear you're not going to get anywhere with claiming a refund.

Soldato
Are you sure it was Uber that called? Lol I can't imagine such a forward thinking technology company would ever resort to phone calls, especially for something so minor.

Soldato
Are you sure it was Uber that called? Lol I can't imagine such a forward thinking technology company would ever resort to phone calls, especially for something so minor.
They do call . I had an Uber eats order a while ago that was picked up but when I was watching the tracker the delivery guy went off in the wrong direction and was just driving around all over the place so it was very late, they rang and said the drivers bike was stolen !

Man of Honour
Ok but because of the call they made i then ordered pizza which i didn’t eat. So i have lost money due to their mistake.
Maybe if you'd had a conversation with the driver about the fact you'd been told it was cancelled you may have gotten somewhere, to be fair you may still be refunded but obviously it'll be a couple of days until your account reflects it.

Soldato
OP
*bump*

Uber are fobbing me off saying they have no record of a call being made to me. I have the record on my phone and have sent screenshot evidence to them. Im not too bothered about the moneu its more about the principals.

There mistake means i have paid elsewhere. Its not my fault that the delivery then turned up the call. Does anyone know if there is a regulator for deliverys?

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
*bump*

Uber are fobbing me off saying they have no record of a call being made to me. I have the record on my phone and have sent screenshot evidence to them. Im not too bothered about the moneu its more about the principals.

There mistake means i have paid elsewhere. Its not my fault that the delivery then turned up the call. Does anyone know if there is a regulator for deliverys?
No, it's your mistake accepting the McD's. If they called to tell you it's cancelled and you ordered a pizza why would you then accept the McD's, makes no sense.

Then you want to get out of paying for it LOL. Joker.

Soldato
OP
If i refused it at the door it they would probably still charge me for it. If i didn’t receive the call to say its cancelled then this situation would not have happened.

Back
Top Bottom