UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread R16 ** spoilers ** [5th - 14th March 2024]

Soldato
Am at the game. Atmosphere was banging at the start then Porto sucked the life out of it a bit, unreal timewasting and only 1 minute added on. Think they'll play exactly the same so an early second is critical.

Man of Honour
OP
Am at the game. Atmosphere was banging at the start then Porto sucked the life out of it a bit, unreal timewasting and only 1 minute added on. Think they'll play exactly the same so an early second is critical.
Yep that start from Porto silenced the crowd, it was deafening before that.

Caporegime
The Pepe fawning has been so painful. Referee has generally been very good outside of being a little soft on the timewasting.

I don't know, its felt like a diet 2012 Classico in terms of reffing and player behaviour.

At times some really cynical tripping/dragging players down which the ref doesn't penalise but also players from both teams flopping left right and centre at any opportunity lol.
Been absolutely zero flow this second half

Man of Honour
That second half was much closer than I was expecting, thought Arsenal would walk all over them.

Must be nervous now.

Caporegime
Have Porto been out of their half since start of ET :D? Not exactly under relentless pressure but they are done right now

Caporegime
The Pepe fawning has been so painful. Referee has generally been very good outside of being a little soft on the timewasting.
Just realised its reminded me of the Giggs or Scholes latter years/return

Giggs getting that POTY with 2 goals and a handful of assists :D

That said Pepe has been pretty good tonight. Arsenal not winning this over 210 minutes is quite crazy given recent form and ease of fixtures

Back
Top Bottom