UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [3rd - 5th May 2022]

Caporegime
Our front three and attacking play was unreal last time we faced them. Granted Salah got purposefully taken out of the game we really did absolutely nothing of note other than that.

Was a weird game but can’t be too confident going in, we can also have very bad moments like first half yesterday where Villarreal dominated possession and chances

Still don’t have the nerves of potentially handing city their first European cup so I’ll take it :D

(This new forum is dog **** in mobile)

Associate
Wow, what an exciting end to the game! It doesn't make the final easier for Liverpool though, City are obviously an excellent side but RM have experience of finals and a knack of finding a way to win. Hopefully Liverpool play the way they can and use their own experience to get over the line. Can't wait for that!

As for the blow to City I don't see them folding in the league, they'll surely be motivated not to lose two in a row, and on winning the last trophy available to them this season.

While Ice love to see the quadruple happen a treble is more realistic, and will still be difficult to achieve with the games coming thick and fast.

Associate
What's Lescott talking about, 3 in a row? They didn't win it the season before last. Cretin. Doesn't he work for City?!
BT just talking BS now, Real have had enough and turned the electric off.

City have nothing to be ashamed of? They were 2 goals to the good after 90 mins of the second leg and blew it.

Liverpool got more grief for being 2 down at HT last night.

Soldato
Shocking refereeing standard once again.

But just lol, city bottled it once again. Always said pep isn't the messiah everyone makes him out to be. Has either inherited great teams or splashed the cash.

Hope Liverpool do the number on Madrid. Horrible team

Associate
What did I say yesterday and for about the last 20 weeks, City will win nothing this year without a centre forward. Yesterday I said they would bottle it and bingo. When they were 12 points clear in the league none of you would listen when I said they wouldn't win the league and Liverpool would hunt them down. You all kept repeating the title was over end the season.

This will devastate City in the league now. Imagine getting over this. They won't. If that happened to Liverpool, even as a fan imagine recovering from that, let alone being a player.

Enjoy the next few weeks, you are about to see history made and you will never ever hear the end of it. :D Liverpool will throttle this RM team.

City remind me of united in their pomp. How many times did they fail when they had one of the best teams in Europe. They eventually won it despite Ferguson, not because of him.

Associate
I don’t see how this affects City in the league tbh, they’ll brush it off and use it to spur them on to win the league.

Extraordinary game.
That's just you not wanting to admit it. Saying something in the hope you're wrong. You don't brush off these kinds of failures in a few days. It doesn't matter what sport, the athlete that has a spectacular failure like this always say it haunts them to this day etc etc.

CL is a formality now.
City will drop to at least one draw.
Chelsea's form is patchy and no one knows the future of the club, players wanting out.

Liverpool are winning the quad, Klopp will be hailed as the greatest manager of the PL era and the last of the United fans on here will do a Homer Simpsons backing into the hedge.

Back
Top Bottom