UEFA Champions League/Europa League 12/13/14 February *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
We're a point away from the top 4 mid feb. We've actually played well against some of the bigger teams. There is improvement, this evening was a proper throw back to the late Wenger years though.

Soldato
We beat one of the worse Chelsea teams in recent years and Tottenham, who then put themselves above us in the league, and knocked us out the league cup, while we still taking selfies in the changing room. We got played off the park by liverpool, Man city and Man utd.
I see no improvement. And we've had more than enough games where we failed to put in any effort.

Edit: I think because we went on an unbeaten run it masks the fact that we aren't very good. It hasn't been good since Koscielny came back.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not just by a few points either, the gap grew 10pts in a matter of a few weeks.

Similar to Chelsea really, had a good start and then the chickens came home to roost.

Would be foolish to get rid of Emery now, as Arsenal haven't capitulated in the same way as Chelsea but this is going to be a long rebuilding period and I think some of the players and fans have gotten a little carried away to start off with. Look at Man Utd and how they struggled, even with the significant resources they have to buy players.

Associate
Arsenal's away results so far this season:
LWWWWWDWWDLDLWLWL = 9W, 5L, 3D
Away results to the middle of February last season:
LLDWLWWLLWDDWDLDLLLW = 6W, 9L, 5D

Looks like a pretty clear improvement to me

Back
Top Bottom