UEFA Champions League/Europa League 15/16/17 Feb *** Spoilers ***

Great night, plus I have Arsenal taking a pasting tomorrow night to look forward to.... Squalchi vs Messi oh dear :D

It'll be Djourou and Koscielny, not Squillaci. Plus we went to the Nou Camp last year level with Barca on aggregate and missing a LOT of our key players. This time it will be different you can guarantee, with Walcott in good form and van Persie playing at his best, we haven't got any real injuries apart from Vermaelen, I don't think we'll be able to stop Barcelona from scoring, we'll just have to try and score more than them, and I'm fairly confident that Walcott will tear Maxwell a new ******** just like he did in the match last year. Hopefully Nasri passes his fitness test and we'll have a very strong team and probably as good a chance as ever to beat Barca while they're missing one of their most influential players.

AC were scarily bad in fairness, Tottenham completely nullified them and Ibra was the most uninterested person i've ever seen.

That is actually one of the best calls on a game I've ever seen. Sandro and Palacios were everything Stag has said was required.

:cool:

If anything, I'd say Sandro was even more as well. Several times he got back and made important saves. Quality player we've got right there I think.

If he keeps that up I think Huddlestone is going to have to work really hard to win his place in the side back. Plus that's not even considering a resurgent Palacios to contend with either.

Spurs have juggled the Champions League and Premier League extremely well after losing some key players. Great to see Woodgate back too, we can really push on for a top 4 finish and get as far in the Champions League as possible.

Spurs aren't afraid of anyone after last night.

Spurs have juggled the Champions League and Premier League extremely well after losing some key players. Great to see Woodgate back too, we can really push on for a top 4 finish and get as far in the Champions League as possible.

Spurs have more points after 26 games this season than last season and are hitting form at just the right moment. Add that to relatively easy end of season league run-in and who knows what might happen.

Oh ****. I'm getting optimistic about Spurs. Someone call the nurse.

Not sure we have the easiest run in but it's certainly not the hardest either and as we have shown, we are not afraid of anyone these days.

Blackpool v Tottenham, 20:00
Wolverhampton v Tottenham, 16:00
Tottenham v AC Milan, 16, L2, 19:45
Tottenham v West Ham, 12:45
Wigan v Tottenham, 15:00
Tottenham v Stoke, 15:00
Man City v Tottenham, 15:00
Tottenham v West Brom, 15:00
Chelsea v Tottenham, 15:00
Tottenham v Blackpool, 15:00
Liverpool v Tottenham, 15:00
Tottenham v Birmingham, 16:00

Plus Arsenal rearranged match too.

4 of the top 6 (2 away) plus all the W's are fighting to survive in the EPL.

Last edited:
I almost had one when that disallowed goal went in last night. I knew before the second half started that AC would put the ball in the back of the net, just lucky he fouled Dawson. mwhahaha
No he didn't :p - goal wouldn't have made much difference, AC Milan seemed a shocking team and you'll batter them at WHL, especially if you don't play hoofball to crouch, which i doubt you will at home.
Wow, just seen that flamini tackle. Shocking! :eek: How did the ref not give a straight red for that? :confused:

Because Refs go for the bigger names in europe and bottle it a lot, either that or they are genuinely stupid like the Chelsea vs Barca one in 09, unless Platini didn't want another all English final, who knows.

Stat Attack - Barca have never won an away game in the knockout stages under Guardiola.

Very surprised at that. Getting excited about tonight, can't see a win, but regardless, I will absolutely love watching. My idea of a perfect football game more or less. I think both sides are better than they were last year, should be amazing

[J.D.C];18476865 said:
On Gattuso..

Surely he's going to get some like a 10 match ban for head-butting a coach? A lot worse surely than head-butting an opposition player!

The best thing about it was he was wearing a captains armband with 'Respect' written on it.

Stat Attack - Barca have never won an away game in the knockout stages under Guardiola.

Very surprised at that. Getting excited about tonight, can't see a win, but regardless, I will absolutely love watching. My idea of a perfect football game more or less. I think both sides are better than they were last year, should be amazing

Same, I'm very excited, last year I was worried, I'm not this year, I think we've improved a lot and one bonus is we don't have Silvestre.

Who have you got though, Djourou and Koscielny? They're both massive liabilities.

LOL no the biggest liability we have is Squillachi...Koscielny can be a liability at times but hes young and hopefully will get better with time. Djourou has been pretty solid for us lately.

Im really hoping for a draw at least or maybe a win for us...our chances have improved with Puyol out of the game so thats a plus...i just hope RVP bags a goal or 2.

Djourou is great, tonight is a different test though. We all know that regardless of how good a CB you are, Barcelona will get the better of you, even Messi beat Ferdinand in the air.

Who have you got though, Djourou and Koscielny? They're both massive liabilities.

Koscielny made some mistakes earlier in the season but he has picked up and improved greatly, Djourou has been very impressive lately, I wouldn't call either of them a liability, Squllaci on the other hand has been very poor. Sagna is suspended so I think our only defensive liability will be Eboue.

Back
Top Bottom