UEFA Champions League/Europa League 15/16/17 Feb *** Spoilers ***

It's unnatural, almost telepathic at times the way Barca players just "know" where each other is. Combined with the level of passing, and belief in their ability. Bloody amazing to watch. Near as you'll ever get to perfect football.

The way they wait, hold the ball and just get that final ball perfect is frightening for the opposing first.

I don't think Arsenal have being "poor" or "bad", Just Barca are on another level.

HT: 1-0

We've been fantastic when attacking, we just need to TAKE OUR ****ING CHANCES!!!! Our defence has been pretty solid but barca have gotten a few worrying balls straight through the middle. We need to calm down and pass the ball around a bit (JUST KEEP POSSESSION!!).

Arsenal are lucky that Messi chose today to show he's human, and the Lino's been more useless with the offside rule then a female! (Hides!) otherwise Barca could be 3-0 up.

Well he's missed one chance and the second should have stood as it wasn't offside.

Decent first half so far....Barca looking as good as usual and Arsenal still giving as good as they get....hopefully we can snatch a goal in the 2nd half...we should have had a goal or 2 by now...RVP needs to get his scoring boots on.

HT: 1-0

We've been fantastic when attacking, we just need to TAKE OUR ****ING CHANCES!!!! Our defence has been pretty solid but barca have gotten a few worrying balls straight through the middle. We need to calm down and pass the ball around a bit (JUST KEEP POSSESSION!!).

If only keeping possession was that easy eh :p

1-0 is not the end of the world yet, we could be 3-0 down. If we can sneak an early goal in the 2nd half I would like to think it would spur us on...................and lose 4-1 lol :D

Well he's missed one chance and the second should have stood as it wasn't offside.

Decent first half so far....Barca looking as good as usual and Arsenal still giving as good as they get....hopefully we can snatch a goal in the 2nd half...we should have had a goal or 2 by now...RVP needs to get his scoring boots on.

In other words, you agree? :p

We have to do better in the final third, story of our team really.

Nasri needs to step up his defensive work and Clichy buck his ideas up. They're having free roam down our left/their right.

Arsenal are lucky that Messi chose today to show he's human, and the Lino's been more useless with the offside rule then a female! (Hides!) otherwise Barca could be 3-0 up.

Going on recent goals and form it's not unfeasible to say RvP should have bagged a few as well.

I don't get RvP being rated as world class if im honest. (Not a knee jerk thanks ;D)
Wilshire looks so bloody comfortable in possession for such a young lad it is ridiculous, and picking out great passes.
Clichy needs more protection, getting ripped a new one at times.
How Barca haven't scored another and Arsenal haven't scored atleast one so far i don't know, cracking game.
Koncheilny (massive sp failure) has actually been okay considering what he has been against, eboue too.

If we lose, it's not all that bad. Realistically, we all know Barca is a better side so by that measure, they deserve to progress further. It will benefit our domestic interests too as we can focus on those titles.

The longer that United and Chelsea stay in the Champions League, the better it is for Arsenal.

Great half. Clichy is such a numpty though, the line went forward and he just sat there playing Villa onside for the goal. As I've said all thread we would get chances to score, and Valdes has made a good save and RVP needed to score that goal. Not sure how many more chances we'll get though, players are looking a bit fed up already.

I said Song needed to avoid getting booked early and what does he go and do!? Argh.

It's a great game, but Barcelona slightly ahead on ball retention and sheer penetrative power of their attack. Their goal was their second one-on-one so you can't really say Arsenal are unlucky to be behind, but if they just get that extra yard or so of space they need in the second half they can salvage something from this (and it has been far from a disaster so far).

And I think the whole 'perfect Barcelona' spiel is going a bit far, they've misplaced a good few passes tonight even if overall they're still very, very good.

Walcott easily the best player for L'Arse so far.

Been very entertaining but Barca nowhere near firing on all cylinders, Pedro has been poor, Messi a little below par (could have had a hat trick already) and Maxwell doesn't seem to offer much on the left.

I just don't see any hope for Arsenal really, their defence is just too poor to cope, 1-0 really flatters them so far considering how many times Barca have broken through. Song is walking a ridiculously fine line, already got 4 fouls and a yellow. Wilshere has been very tidy and the defence is not picking up RvP very well.

I think Arsenal can score, I just think Barca can score more.

Arsenal need to cool down and focus on keeping the ball and make more than 5 solid passes.. get the ball flowing for them.

Song has been playing like a complete idiot and needs to be taken off before we are down to 10 men.

Back
Top Bottom