UEFA Champions League/Europa League 15/16/17 March *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
Sorry I forgot we weren't allowed to post our opinions.

Maybe you should just sit down and take a moment or two to think before you express your opinions, did it ever occur to you that maybe Fergie doesn't like the idea of playing two young players like Rafael and Smalling both down the right hand side of the defence when someone like Vidic isn't available to cover for them?

At the weekend you had a pop because Fabio was taken off, did it ever occur to you that he may have taken a knock like he does every single game he starts?

Thank god you're just a fan typing away on a keyboard rather than having any actual influence is all I'm grateful for :p

Caporegime
Rafael is far superior to O'Shea. Simple as. I don't see how having two youngsters in defence is relevant :confused: and surely Brown will be playing on the right side of central defence? Smalling hasn't shown himself to be rash or have poor positioning and Rafael's pace would have been useful against Ayew.

I do think things through but thanks for your concern :)

Soldato
Great package on Smalling from Sky just then, played more games for United this season than he did at either Fulham or Maidstone. 6 Champions League games already this season. Great signing :cool:

Soldato
Great package on Smalling from Sky just then, played more games for United this season than he did at either Fulham or Maidstone. 6 Champions League games already this season. Great signing :cool:

And people laughed when I said how good he was, pft :p.

About O'Shea, he's probably better defensively than Rafael, so the added experience will be why he's picked, although Rafael certainly wouldn't be out of place.

Looking forward to this game though, expecting a few goals. Extra comedy with Nani playing with one leg too.

Soldato
Rafael is far superior to O'Shea. Simple as. I don't see how having two youngsters in defence is relevant :confused:

You don't think there could potentially be a problem playing two relatively inexperienced defenders together in a big Champions League game? There lies my point tbh

And no Brown will play left side. Do you want me to point out what Bebe looks like again next? :p

Caporegime
Has it been a problem when they've played so far :confused: Rafael has a good season and a half of regular games under his belt against some huge opposition. Smalling has not shown himself to be inexperienced against a number of good attacks this season. There has been no suggestion that they could not handle a home leg against this opposition.

Soldato
Has it been a problem when they've played so far :confused: Rafael has a good season and a half of regular games under his belt against some huge opposition. Smalling has not shown himself to be inexperienced against a number of good attacks this season. There has been no suggestion that they could not handle a home leg against this opposition.

Actually no sooner that Rio was injured prior to the City game O'Shea replaced Rafael at RB so you're obviously wrong

Further more Fergie has just confirmed what I've been saying no Vidic meant O'Shea replacing Rafael at RB! :p

Caporegime
Just because you two are in agreement doesn't mean you are right. Two young defenders in a 4 man defence does not mean it would be a problem, especially as Ayew is a young player himself.

Back
Top Bottom