UEFA Champions League/Europa League ** Spoilers ** [18/19/20 September 2018]

Caporegime
Just bought tickets for all 3 of our Europa league matches. Rosenborg first who we have already played and beaten this year in Champions League Qualifiers. We also beat them last year in the champions league iirc. So this is now going to be 6 matches against them in 2 years. Then it's double Red Bull for us. I don't really see how that is allowed. 2 teams owned by the same parent competing against each other. Surely a conflict of interest? As in they could try harder/less depending on the needs of the other team, etc.

For example if they needed a draw against each other for both to go through. They could just play pass the ball for 90 minutes. It's a clear breach of sporting standards. I see it being 3 tough match ups. However we should be capable of progressing and beating them all if we play to our best. Losing Dembele has been a big blow but he had to go when he spat the dummy. We should have sold Boyata too but he is still our best defender and it's still an area we need more quality in.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Inter have come out of the blocks fast and are dominating at the moment. I don't think they will be able to keep this up for much longer however.

Soldato
#LFC starting XI v #PSG: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Salah, Mane, Sturridge

Subs: Mignolet, Matip, Moreno, Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri, Firmino

No Bobby is a blow.

Soldato
#LFC starting XI v #PSG: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Salah, Mane, Sturridge

Subs: Mignolet, Matip, Moreno, Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri, Firmino

No Bobby is a blow.
Keita not starting is strange for me, he has been good in his games thus far

Soldato
Still getting used to Klopp's intensity though, two in a week may be a bit much for him. And it's not as if Hendo's a poor replacement.
Oh don't get me wrong I'm not saying Henderson is a poor replacement, he will def have fresher legs.

If anything salah and mane last couple games look off it, I'd of given shaqiri his debut

Man of Honour
Im really hoping that Sturridge doesnt slow down our attacks. Theres no doubt that he still has the finishing talent but its been abundantly clear in his cameos this season that he is totally shot for pace and cant keep up when we break. I have the strangest feeling that we may see our first sight of Fabinho in this match.

Back
Top Bottom