UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ... Tottenham v Liverpool ... **Spoilers** [1st June 2019]

Soldato
I have a feeling Kane is going to be rushed back and it'll be at a detriment to his long term fitness, history is full of players coming back from injury early on for it to shorten their careers.

Also haven't Spurs been playing better without him (I'm sure it was the case earlier in the season)?

Caporegime
I have a feeling Kane is going to be rushed back and it'll be at a detriment to his long term fitness, history is full of players coming back from injury early on for it to shorten their careers.

Also haven't Spurs been playing better without him (I'm sure it was the case earlier in the season)?

If they have any brain they will bench him and put him on in the last 20 minutes if things are not going their way.

Soldato
If they have any brain they will bench him and put him on in the last 20 minutes if things are not going their way.
I'd agree with that - I just hope Spurs start with Kane on the bench he can't be properly match.

I think there is a massive difference between him being fit and match sharp. Kane might be fit but I agree that he won't have the sharpness.

However, if Poch deep down thinks that Spurs really only have a puncher's chance in this game then playing pragmatically and keeping Kane in the bench doesn't really make sense. You'd play all your best players and hope to score a couple of lucky goals and resist the pressure.

Last edited:
Associate
Can't flippin wait. Going out to get the barbacue stuff in a bit. A day of chillin in the garden building up for old big ears coming back to anfield.

Allez allez allez :cool:

Soldato

Sure he'll be getting the best treatment but ankle injuries are notoriously slow to heal, even when there's no mobility or pain issues, they can be months and years away from being fully healed. That said, I'm pretty sure they'll know what they're doing with him strapping wise. I bet his left one is always strapped now. No-one would want to miss the CL final for a fully mobile and pain free injury would they? These things are part and parcel.

I'm not sure it's quite the same as say, Torres who properly damaged his knee after rushing back early playing for Spain in 2010 due to not healing properly after an op. The likely worst thing that can happen to Kane is as a consequence is that he makes an existing condition worse.

Soldato
Buzzing for tonight :D few spurs supporters friends thinking that they will beat us due to there luck as they felt lucky to gt there and its on there side.

Im hoping our experience of Europe will see us through.

#YNWA

Man of Honour
Hopefully Liverpool win, 2 golden boot winners, golden glove winner, lose 1 league game all season and notch up 97 points, would be a shame if a team did all that and didnt win anything at all.

Caporegime
Getting nervous now and don't like the talk that we're massive favourites.

Spurs had a shocking end to the season, CL aside, but only because they were knackered. They've had a three week break and will be well up for this so I think it'll be closer than a lot of people think.

Soldato
As a Spurs fan I wouldn't start Kane today, I'd play Dele, Son and Lucas as a front 3. Bring Kane on after 60 mins or if we need to change it up. Winks, Sissoko and Eriksen in midfield. This 3 week break has been very much required to get players rested and fit again. If Poch gets his lineup and tactics right I think we'll give Liverpool a proper game and it could either way, if he gets it wrong we could be 2 or 3 down before he has time to change it. Heading to the stadium later to watch it, should be a great atmosphere as its a sell out so 62k-ish Spurs fans on a beautiful sunny day. Bring it on!

Caporegime
As a Spurs fan I wouldn't start Kane today, I'd play Dele, Son and Lucas as a front 3. Bring Kane on after 60 mins or if we need to change it up. Winks, Sissoko and Eriksen in midfield. This 3 week break has been very much required to get players rested and fit again. If Poch gets his lineup and tactics right I think we'll give Liverpool a proper game and it could either way, if he gets it wrong we could be 2 or 3 down before he has time to change it. Heading to the stadium later to watch it, should be a great atmosphere as its a sell out so 62k-ish Spurs fans on a beautiful sunny day. Bring it on!

I would do the opposite, I would start Kane, purely because of his injury risk.

If he gets crooked after 10mins from his latest injury, you replace him. If you bring him on and then he gets crooked…you might be now at 10 men.

Associate
As an Everton fan I hope pool win. They deserve to win something this year considering how well they've played.

I just hope it wont be a dull 1-0 result with goal in 90th minute type of game.

Back
Top Bottom