Chelsea V Barcelona
skysports.gif

Venue: Stamford Bridge
Date: Wednesday, 6 May
Kick-off: 1945 BST

2dmayac.jpg

6a00d83451583769e200e552a8c0ec8834-.jpg

Team News:

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Toure, Djourou, Gibbs, Walcott, Fabregas, Song Billong, Nasri, Van Persie, Adebayor.
Subs: Fabianski, Eboue, Silvestre, Diaby, Denilson, Vela, Bendtner.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Park, Ronaldo, Rooney.
Subs: Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Evans, Giggs, Scholes, Berbatov, Tevez.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Alex, Terry, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Drogba.
Subs: Hilario, Ivanovic, Di Santo, Mikel, Kalou, Belletti, Mancienne.

Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Abidal, Pique, Toure, Busquets, Keita, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Messi.
Subs: Pinto, Caceres, Gudjohnsen, Bojan, Sylvinho, Hleb, Pedro.

Last edited:
Soldato
VdS
O'Shea - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra
Fletcher - Carrick - Anderson
Ronaldo - Tevez - Rooney

Unless Evra is out, in that case Rafael/Neville RB and the cat LB.

Soldato
Anyone know who's one booking away from a suspension in both games? I know Rooney is for us.

in all honesty if i was fergie id tell rooney to seriously watch himself. any sign of him losing his rag and id have him off.

the whole 2 yellow card suspension ofr the final rule is an absolute joke anyways. ive always felt 2 in 2 games was really unfair without the threat of missing a final.

Soldato
Which is why I'd much rather Rooney start the game tomorrow night. A few people on redcafe are going for Park instead with Rooney on the bench. I'd rather start with Rooney as the ref is likely to be more lenient early on, and then if we have to defend more in the second half by all means get Park on.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Chelsea have a job to do after Barca's win at the weekend. That was one of the best matches of football I've ever seen in my life! 6-2 away against Madrid!

Caporegime
OP
Chelsea have a job to do after Barca's win at the weekend. That was one of the best matches of football I've ever seen in my life! 6-2 away against Madrid!

According to Andy Gray Barca are weak and only scored 6 because Real have no defence :rolleyes:

He thinks Chelsea can dominate and beat Barca :rolleyes:

After one of the best games of football I've seen, Barca are going to be on such a high going in to the Chelsea game.

Soldato
Or in a strange mood, knowing that in their last 270 minutes against English opposition, they've failed to score? :)

Only because every team has pretty much parked the bus, plus the fact that this current Barca team has only played 90mins against English opposition.

Chelsea have to score on Wednesday and that will play into Barca's hands, once they get space they will tear Chelsea apart, IMO of course.

Soldato
Only because every team has pretty much parked the bus, plus the fact that this current Barca team has only played 90mins against English opposition.

Chelsea have to score on Wednesday and that will play into Barca's hands, once they get space they will tear Chelsea apart, IMO of course.

Oh come is there really that much of a difference? No Deco and Dani Alves at RB is about the only noticable difference. And no, Chelsea don't have to score at all.

Soldato
Oh come is there really that much of a difference? No Deco and Dani Alves at RB is about the only noticable difference. And no, Chelsea don't have to score at all.

No Ronaldinho.

Messi and Iniesta are older and better. Eto'o actually runs now. Henry back to his best.

There's loads of difference. Not to mention the fact that they're harder working and better organised now.

Back
Top Bottom