UEFA Euro 2012 - Group D - ** spoilers ** (England, France, Sweden, Ukraine)

Man of Honour
fB0U9.jpg

Group D Fixtures

Monday, 11th June

17:00 | France v England

Live on ITV1 at 16:00

19:45 | Ukraine v Sweden

BBC One, BBC One HD 19:00

Friday, 15th June

17:00 | Ukraine v France

Live on ITV1 at 16:30

19:45 | Sweden v England

BBC One, BBC One HD 19:00

Tuesday, 19th June

19:45 | England v Ukraine

Live on ITV1 at 19:00

19:45 | Sweden v France

Live on ITV4 at 19:00

Resources:

Squad Lists:
yKB8s.png
Live Tables:

ilD27.gif
BBC Sport Tournament Page:
MKzMm.gif
Official Website:
HFc8B.jpg

Man of Honour
I feel we're going to fetch a loss vs France (prefer to be pessimistic and surprised rather than optimistic and disappointed :p), and maybe a draw against Sweden, going from recent results and past results.

Which means IMO the Ukraine game will be absolutely vital. We need to score big in that I think. Thankfully its the final game and Rooney will be on hand to fire some goals in...we can hope.

Caporegime
I think the semi finals is the best we can possibly hope for but I suspect we'll finish runner up in the group and get played off the park by Spain in the quarter finals. :(

Soldato
Good move setting up these threads Robbo, thanks, I'm almost tempted to get me and the lads a new England home shirt off Mike Ashley :cool:

Soldato
I think the performance will be excellent against France, and sneak a result (even if its only a draw) - however then the team will become complacent and come up against a brick wall vs Sweden, and have everything to play for vs Ukraine only to win but not by enough and therefore go out vs Spain

Associate
What a shambles, this is worse than normal.

Barry out in comes a central defender.
Lampard out in comes Henderson.
Cahill out in comes a second choice right back.

Where's Richards? Ferdinand? There are league champions sitting at home while useless Liverpool players get called up instead.

Caporegime
So Terry is fit for the Euros but Cahill and Lamps are out :/

Thats not going to do England any favours plus not having Rooney for the first 2 games will also hurt England as well.

Id be surprised if they won the group, personally i dont think they will...they might get out of the group but then i reckon thats as far as they will get unfortunately.

Soldato
Terry and Cahill would've made a solid back 2.

Such a shame they couldn't have a full squad. No out and out goal scoring forwards either.

Why wasn't Richards added to the squad? Hooper? Rhodes? Lack of experience?

and leaving Rio out was a huge mistake.

Back
Top Bottom