Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
get drawing up the scorecards. Both sides have some pedigree for "going down easily" so lets see who gets the best scores across the "theatrics, technicality, duration, outcome"

Soldato
Also how are people watching it? Is anyone mad enough to go with ITV and their ridiculous commentary over the BBC? BBC with 5 live is even better.

Soldato
Do we know who's commentating on the 2 channels, ultimately that will dictate which I watch it on, also I'll be sat at home as the wife bought me a Sub beer dispenser that's going to be delivered tomorrow so will have some lovely Heinekens to celebrate or wash the disappointment away with.

Man of Honour
Do we know who's commentating on the 2 channels, ultimately that will dictate which I watch it on, also I'll be sat at home as the wife bought me a Sub beer dispenser that's going to be delivered tomorrow so will have some lovely Heinekens to celebrate or wash the disappointment away with.

Probably Mowbray & Jenas vs Matterface & Dixon. In the studio, given England have qualified I imagine ITV will have Wright who like I say is a nice guy but like I say is a rubbish pundit.
BBC usually get about two-thirds of the audience for the finals, I imagine this will be much of the same. The fact there's no adverts on BBC kind of swings it for me.

Caporegime
Italy haven’t lost in months and months, they’re mentality monsters. I can’t see them losing this one. No doubt there will be more time spent on the floor rolling around screaming in ‘pain’ than actually playing the ball.

Caporegime
Probably Mowbray & Jenas vs Matterface & Dixon. In the studio, given England have qualified I imagine ITV will have Wright who like I say is a nice guy but like I say is a rubbish pundit.
BBC usually get about two-thirds of the audience for the finals, I imagine this will be much of the same. The fact there's no adverts on BBC kind of swings it for me.
If itv have McCoist and Tyldesley I may watch that channel. If not it’ll be BBC.

Man of Honour
they’re mentality monsters

Worries me - even if Southgate comes up with a blinder of a strategy for the game Italy have shown they are good at game management - they'll still be measured and purposeful in what they are doing even if on the back foot.

Soldato
Sterling & co. are going to out-dive everyone - the shamelessness will shock even Berlusconi. /s
The troll is strong in this one, whilst Sterling I feel did go down easily last game I am usually the 1st person to call out diving and there has definitely been a distinct lack of diving on Englands part this tournament.

Permabanned

Off topic but what sub dispenser did you get? :)

BBC commentary is better. Shame the co-commentators are all awful.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Southgate will execute the same masterplan he does in every game and play with most of the team in defence. We will get pulled apart by the fast moving Italians and go a goal down, maybe 2. Southgate will still wait until the 60th+ minute to make any subs and the game will slowly creep away from us.

Only way I can see us winning is if a couple of our players produce some magic or the Italians don't turn up. The nation will be heartbroken and wonder how we lost after such strong dominating performances throughout the tournament. Southgate will be given a lifetime contract for services to England football and we will all argue about what we should have done differently.

I hope I am completely wrong however.

Associate
Southgate will execute the same masterplan he does in every game and play with most of the team in defence. We will get pulled apart by the fast moving Italians and go a goal down, maybe 2. Southgate will still wait until the 60th+ minute to make any subs and the game will slowly creep away from us.

Only way I can see us winning is if a couple of our players produce some magic or the Italians don't turn up. The nation will be heartbroken and wonder how we lost after such strong dominating performances throughout the tournament. Southgate will be given a lifetime contract for services to England football and we will all argue about what we should have done differently.

This, I'm sad to say, sounds very plausible.

Capodecina
Soldato
Italy haven’t lost in months and months, they’re mentality monsters.

They haven't lost the last what, 33 games or something? I can't imagine them not winning it. It's not impossible that we will win, but if I had to bet on a team, it would be them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Southgate will execute the same masterplan he does in every game and play with most of the team in defence. We will get pulled apart by the fast moving Italians and go a goal down, maybe 2. Southgate will still wait until the 85th+ minute to make any subs and the game will slowly creep away from us.

fixed that for you. And I share your pessimism. Southgate will look at how spain attacked and then didn't win, but fail to realise it was due to Morata's profligacy in front of goal. Kane, for all his faults, is a damn sight better in the box if he'd just get into it once in a while, and other people would cross the ball in first time instead of faffing about failing to use the overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom