1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UEFA Euro 2020 Semi Finals ** spoilers ** [6th - 7th July 2021]

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by explicit4u, 4 Jul 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superficial

Mobster

Oh really - ok well I say VAR and the Ref say it all as well as the video. But hey who gives a **** because Denmark parked the bus for at least 30 mins and were hanging on for dear life.

2. MartinPrince

Wise Guy

You won't see it from that angle (it's the same angle they use to show "faked" punches in movies) you have to see it from directly behind or in front of Sterling. There is contact and even minimal contact can make you trip, so it is a clear penalty.

3. Quinnaay

Soldato

I'd say it's a weak pen but small contact and seen them given for much less. Worthy winners in the end in my opinion. Must step it up against Italy though.

4. dowie

Capo Crimine

It does and he had contact to the hip from the other side, if you watch the angle from behind it is clearer, the side on angle isn't as obvious.

5. mazzr

Associate

Absolutely never a pen. Anyone saying it's a pen must be English and must ask themselves if that was giving against them if they'd be happy. IMO the replies make it even worse, the behind angle shows how little contact is even made an absolute joke.

6. A2Z

Sgarrista

You do realise that video you included shows there was NO contact? Clearly shows Sterling on his way down already, when he brushes against the leg. Blatant dive.

Haven't seen the other angles that have been mentioned.

7. dowie

Capo Crimine

then look at this angle too - contact from both, first bit to the side of his leg from a knee at 2 seconds in.

And this guy's uploaded two photos:

edit - this might be clearer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

photos taken from: https://twitter.com/SpirittMX/status/1412908789083381760

edit this image is clearer:

[​IMG]

8. explicit4u

Capodecina

Gonna be a long night for the blue light brigade, haven't heard this many sirens at night since the height of the pandemic!

Went for a quick bike ride and the scenes would make you think we've won the whole lot! Drunks climbing scaffolds, a couple of busses smashed up, a group of lads fighting, we're going to need the army if we actually win the bloody thing :D

9. Superficial

Mobster

LOL it does show contact and oh look another video showing contact.

Ta ta troll.

10. mazzr

Associate

This sums it up well. England the better team, especially towards the end and within extra time, but never a pen.

11. MartinPrince

Wise Guy

Precisely, you can clearly see the contact from Maehle's right knee on to the side of Sterling's right knee. Not a dive at all just a clear penalty - no matter what Mourinho says.

12. mysticsniper

Capodecina

It was a Pen all day long, were in the final. woohoo.

Anyone who says it's not a pen is just a sore loser

13. Hotwired

Sgarrista

There's obviously contact and that's not a great location to be doing that so downright weird to be vehemently calling it not a penalty.

Probably just people hearing someone they like saying it so decided to take that favoured opinion and run with it.

14. FoxEye

Caporegime

If that penalty is given against you you're furious. I don't think it was a pen, having seen the replay multiple times.

Football is a contact sport and not all contact is a foul. I think it's quite likely Sterling could easily have stayed on his feet, despite the minimal contact.

15. MartinPrince

Wise Guy

Football is not a contact sport! The person that first coined that that specious line needs to be covered in custard pie!

Boxing is a contact sport, wrestling is a contact sport, judo is a contact sport... need I go on? Football is a sport in which contact can be made BUT if that contact, no matter how minimal, causes a player to trip and fall then that is deemed a foul. It's as simple as that.

As the video abundantly demonstrates this was a foul and because it was in the box it is a penalty.

16. Trusty

Capodecina

Football is a contact sport.

Non-contact sport is stuff like tennis, where the players have no means of touching each other.

17. Alan McFall

Gangster

Yes, football it is a contact sport but not a FULL contact sport. I think that's where your getting confused.

Get in England, in a final, didn't think i'd see that in my lifetime lololol.

18. TurtleTwo

Hitman

I don't care what anyone says we're IN THE FINAL!!! LETS ******* GO ENGLAND pub had lock in just got home gotta be up at 6 but it was worth it!!! Atmosphere was ELECTRIC!

19. robfosters

Caporegime

This.

All this petty and bitter bickering from some about the penalty is nauseating. I’m pretty sure we were gonna score anyway. Denmark looked absolutely done.

20. Bigpig

Soldato

TIsk Tisk you English lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.