UFC **SPOILERS**

Associate
Well, I'm new to OcUK, and I've not seen any UFC threads, so I wondered, any UFC fans around here?

For those who are familiar with UFC, UFC73 takes place in just over a week, Middleweight and Lightweight titles on the line. Also interesting is the return of Tito Ortiz. First fight back since the title shot loss to Chuck Liddell. He's fighting Rashad Evans who I believe is unbeaten in the UFC so far. However, I don't feel he's really been challenged yet, so this may be his chance to prove something.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

UFC 74 and 75 are bound to be great. UFC74, is headlined by the Heavyweight Title fight between Randy Couture and Gabriel Gonzaga. I really wanna see Randy win purely because of the prospect that they will try to get him up against CroCop and Fedor! Those will be huge!

UFC75 is the headlined by the huge battle of the LHW. Rampage vs. Henderson. I've never seen Hendo in action but from what I've heard is that he's deadly and that Rampage doesn't stand a chance. What I find confusing though, is that the winner will become both Pride and UFC champion. Does that mean they'll be defending in both organisations? I know it's a possibility now that UFC own Pride, but it'll get rather confusing if you get a situation like Hendo (mainly a Pride fighter) being the UFC & Pride Light Heavyweight champion and for example Randy Couture (mainly a UFC Figher) being the UFC & Pride Heavyweight champion, and so on and so forth...

Bring us the fights, but keep the titles where they should be...

Although the belt situation is a bit confusing it is nice to see Dana giving the fans what they want.

I don't think the contracts allowing the fighters to fight between UFC and PRIDE really matter anymore as the UFC have control over both organisations, in theory they can move fighters between to 2 organisations however they wish.

As for Frank Shamrock, I've only ever seen 1 fight of his and that was against Tito Ortiz who he totally owned. It'll be interesting to see how they match up against each other now, if they ever will.

Dana did mention is the press conference after UFC took over that they may indeed hold a "Super Event" once a year because it is what the fans want to see.

It is interesting, just a while back, Tim Sylvia was the HW champion and the HW Division looked like it was the worse division in the whole of MMA. In come these PRIDE fighters and all of a sudden it seems like the HW Division is almost the most exciting. It just shows what a flop of a champ Sylvia was. They haven't mentioned him since!

Back
Top Bottom