UFC **SPOILERS**

oddjob62 said:
Either way, it's not like it's easy to watch the Elite XC fights :(

Yeah I don't think that any channel shows any Elite XC events in the UK. It's a shame since some more fighters are signing for them.

Thierry Sokoudjou has stated that he is intends to sign his Elite XC contract.

WEC have also bolstered their roster of fighters too.

IMO it's a shame that there are so many different organisations now which will result in the same problem that boxing has in that WE (the fans) won't always get to see the best fighters fighting each other.

Tito is WAY over-rated. He hasn't faced many decent opponents recently at all. He's just a well known face. I think Rasheed will see him off quite quickly.

UFC 73 will indeed be awesome. My main interest will be the debut of Antonio Rodrigo Nogeura. Behind Fedor he's No.2 heavyweight in the world. Like Fedor he's NEVER been submitted or KO'd. Only ever lost by decision. Heath Herring will be tapping out by armbar within 5mins imo :D

UFC fighters must be quite annoyed at all the Grade-A talent coming in from Pride..

I just hope Dana White changes his mind and re-instates the Pride Grand Prix format. There is more than enough talent to keep both shows going.. Sadly Dana hates tournaments.. :(

Dana did mention is the press conference after UFC took over that they may indeed hold a "Super Event" once a year because it is what the fans want to see.

It is interesting, just a while back, Tim Sylvia was the HW champion and the HW Division looked like it was the worse division in the whole of MMA. In come these PRIDE fighters and all of a sudden it seems like the HW Division is almost the most exciting. It just shows what a flop of a champ Sylvia was. They haven't mentioned him since!

UFC 74 - Randy is fighting! Foolish I reckon, he should retire.

UFC 75!!! Rampage and Henderson plus a long awaited fight by Matt and Bisping!

So long to wait :(

zain said:
UFC 74 - Randy is fighting! Foolish I reckon, he should retire.

I have been saying that for over a year, then he dismantles Tim Sylvia and he's champion again, so he'll carry on until he gets beaten again and why not.

zain said:
UFC 75!!! Rampage and Henderson plus a long awaited fight by Matt and Bisping!

So long to wait :(

These two could be classic fights and I expect Dan to take care of Rampage by submission and I've a bad feeling that Matt will take Bisping, although I hope I'm wrong.

Big Kev said:
These two could be classic fights and I expect Dan to take care of Rampage by submission
Dan Hendersen is a wrestler with a big overhand right, he knocked out Vanderlei Silva with it but Ive never heard of his submission skills.

megatron said:
Dan Hendersen is a wrestler with a big overhand right, he knocked out Vanderlei Silva with it but Ive never heard of his submission skills.

My mistake, for some reason, I keep getting him mixed up with Josh Barnett, I think old age is addling my brain. :o

DanH84 said:
everyone getting their popcorn ready for tonight then?

Haha I just remembered and I am excited, sweet popcorn after a pizza and a drink. Yeah it's bad diet in a healthy section but its fight night! :p

******SPOILER******

great first fight. tho herring should have finished it in the first round.

2nd fight: branca almost had the guillotine on and finished the fight in 30 secs! this will be high octane :D

sherk was amazing, my performance of the night. bit disappointed by noguera but fantastic headkick from herring really should have followed that up.

can't help but think lidell or jackson would absolutely maul ortiz. could be a good fight for chuckto get a big name win under his belt again though.

I'm a bit dissapointed with ortize letting that one slip, evans didnt look all that.

The Sherk fight was the pick of the night imo aswell. Very good dominant fight.

Back
Top Bottom