UFC **SPOILERS**

What the hell was the Herring doing, letting Nogueira off like that, he should have been all over him and I didn't like the ref letting him up either.

Ortiz didn't look that convincing and was whacked in the third round and if Evans had another couple of minutes, he might have stopped him.

Silva had a predictably easy win, nuff said.

Sherk looked impressive, going flat out for the full five rounds, he's as fit a fighter as there is.

A pretty good line up, but no classic matches really.

Big Kev said:
What the hell was the Herring doing, letting Nogueira off like that, he should have been all over him and I didn't like the ref letting him up either.

Ortiz didn't look that convincing and was whacked in the third round and if Evans had another couple of minutes, he might have stopped him.

Silva had a predictably easy win, nuff said.

Sherk looked impressive, going flat out for the full five rounds, he's as fit a fighter as there is.

A pretty good line up, but no classic matches really.

yeah - just watched them - Sherk was very impressive for the full 5 rounds. Silva looks very very hard to beat - good from his back and never lets up.

not a bad card but tito fight was a bit boring and the point deduction was only ever going to lead to a draw

I reckon Dana put Rashad against him because Rashad has won all his fights, he even fought 3 times in TUF which, afaik no figher has done before. Then he was injured but beat Brad and Brad got trained by Hughes, Franklin and Geremy plus some other world class fighters.

I think he was put in too early but held up a good fight, Tito seems to be just a loud mouth, it works but he can't perform that well anymore. He is also "in love" with Jenna Jameson, whether that has anything to do with it I don't know...

Raider said:
Tito is WAY over-rated. He hasn't faced many decent opponents recently at all. He's just a well known face. I think Rasheed will see him off quite quickly.

UFC 73 will indeed be awesome. My main interest will be the debut of Antonio Rodrigo Nogeura. Behind Fedor he's No.2 heavyweight in the world. Like Fedor he's NEVER been submitted or KO'd.
I didnt like Tito cause of his smack talk but after listening to Rashad smack talk and calling himself a fighter while smiling inanly; was routing for Tito. He would have won but for the point deduction, and imo they were both holding the fence.

Oh and Rodrigo Nogeura HAS been KTFO by Thierry Sokoudjou in pride 33 The second coming in 23 seconds of round 1.

zain said:
Tito seems to be just a loud mouth, it works but he can't perform that well anymore. He is also "in love" with Jenna Jameson, whether that has anything to do with it I don't know...
I read that "I am so Jealous of Tito! :mad: "

I see that both Sherk and Franca have tested positive for steroids and are both suspended for a year.

No mention if Sherk gets to keep his title or not but I would hope that Dana White does the right thing and take away his title and make him start from the bottom after his years suspension.

Franca had some Drostanolone in his system
Sherk had over double the levels of Nandrolone Metabolite compared to a well conditioned athlete.

Seems a lot of MMA fighters are cheating so to speak. Are the punishments too lenient? 1 year suspension and then you are free to come back again.

He had double whereas Royce Gracie had 50times, so in fairness it could be explained by the fact that its a naturally occuring substance and elevated in athletes who do a lot of cardiovascular and eat high protein amounts.

megatron said:
He had double whereas Royce Gracie had 50times, so in fairness it could be explained by the fact that its a naturally occuring substance and elevated in athletes who do a lot of cardiovascular and eat high protein amounts.

Gracie didn't have 50 times the amount of a highly trained athelete. A highly trained athlete will have around 6ng/ml

Gracie had ~ 50ng/ml
Sherk had ~ 12ng/ml

Yes Gracie had a lot more but Sherk still had double the amount a highly trained athlete should have (6 times the amount an average person has). The it occurs naturally defense never usually works, I'd tend to go with the scientists with regards to what is possible naturally and what isn't.

Last edited:
DanH84 said:
that's a real bummer if true. had a lot of respect for the guys conditioning and it'd be a shame that he took the easy route.

He said he is going to appeal so we shall see.

Franca has admitted that he took steroids deliberately

megatron said:
Oh and Rodrigo Nogeura HAS been KTFO by Thierry Sokoudjou in pride 33 The second coming in 23 seconds of round 1.
It was his brother Antonio Rogerio Nogueira who was KOed. I always get the 2 confused as well.

Rodrigo's only recent losses have been to Fedor and Barnett (both by decision)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom