**UK FIRST: DELL U2913WM SUPER-WIDE LED MONITOR NOW AVAILABLE!!**

OcUK Staff
Hi there

OcUK has secured stock on DELL's first Super-Wide LED Monitor and it looks stunning:-

Dell UltraSharp U2913WM 29" Super-Widescreen LED Monitor - Midnight Grey @ £599.99 inc VAT

MO-066-DE_400.jpg

Navigate multiple applications at once and multitask like never before. A vast, 29" panoramic display with a 21:9 aspect ratio and 2560 x 1080 Wide Full-HD offers the screen space of side-by-side monitors without a distracting bezel in between. Plus, with a 178°/178° (typical) ultra-wide viewing angle, you can enjoy an excellent view from almost any position.

Experience remarkably precise and accurate color made possible by over 99 percent sRGB at a delta-E of less than 5, offering broad color variation. Plus, the U2913WM comes factory color-calibrated, so you can enjoy outstanding color accuracy right out of the box.

Make it work for you, with extensive connectivity such as DisplayPort 1.2, USB 3.02, Mini DisplayPort, DVI and HDMI, plus highly adjustable tilt and swivel positioning, a 130mm height adjustability range and a VESA-compatible wall mounting option (mounting kit sold separately).

Synchronize your applications and improve your visual experience. Dell Display Manager offers a variety of features that can optimize your media presentation and maximize your monitor’s real estate, such as Easy Arrange and Auto Mode.

Automatically optimize your video settings with the Smart Video Enhance3 feature, optimizing colors and sharpness for the best possible presentation. Choose Movie mode for recommended settings, or choose Advanced mode to manually adjust contrast, sharpness, color saturation and hue however you like.

Stay energy-efficient with PowerNap and dynamic dimming features that automatically help regulate power usage. Plus, the U2913WM features an eco-conscious design with arsenic-free glass, mercury-free LED and BFR/PVC-free laminates in the chassis. The U2913WM is EPEAT® Gold and ENERGY STAR® qualified and comes packed in eco-conscious recyclable packaging.

Specification:-
- Panel: 29-inch (73.02cm) (diagonal) VIS with LED backlights
- 21:9 aspect ratio
- LED Technology
- Contrast Ratio: 2,000,000:1
- Brightness: 300cd/m
- Response: 8ms
- Resolution: Wide Full-HD 2560 x 1080 at 60 Hz (Max)
- Viewing Angles: 178°/178° ultra-wide viewing angle
- In-plane switching technology
- Color calibration factory report
- More than 99% sRGB (deltaE < 5)
- Input Connections: DisplayPort 1.2 / mini-DisplayPort, DP-out, HDMI, DVI-D (HDCP), VGA
- USB3.0 Hub (4 downstream / 1 upstream)
- Tilt, swivel and height adjustable (130mm)
- Option to wall mount in landscape and portrait mode (VESA 100mm x 100mm)
- Arsenic-free glass and mercury-free LED panel
- Dell Display Manager - Auto mode, PowerNap, Easy Arrange, Smart Video Enhance
- ENERGY STAR®, EPEAT Gold, TCO Certified Displays, ErP Standards compliant
- 3yr Onsite-Warranty

Only £599.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
I can understand Dell have to differentiate between their 30" monitors and these new 29" ("super-wide" , what a marketing man's gimmick lol) ones, but Im not totally convinced by the strange resolution dimensions

If I had the money I think I would stick with the 2713 model and save a few quid

Always good to see OCUK expanding their range though :)

Man of Honour
Should have a full review of this coming soon at TFTCentral. Looks interesting i think. An odd resolution but some people may like it. They said the same when they first started moving from 4:3 and 5:4 aspect monitors to widescreen :)

Associate
That is quite an odd aspect ratio, and gives up a fair amount of screen realestate compared to 1440p or 1600p monitors 16:9 / 16:10 monitors. What exactly are the advantages of this? I can see that it might be nice in portrait...

Permabanned
well to be fair it does look nice and the res is not too bad either as a lot of people would find it hard to keep 60fps in certain games at 2560x1440 or higher.This at 2560x1080 would hit a sweeter spot and would give a more surround feel to visuals perhaps?

Still too small ish though...looks like a joke how little height there is in that crap aspect ratio.

Last edited:
Soldato
21:9 is great for cinema video editing, and general professional use whereby instead of having 2 screens, 1 with main view and another for pallets, options and general controls, it's all on one.
It's even better for audio/studio use!

I'm considering 21:9 for Ableton use myself, it would be fan-flipping-tastic. £600 is a little too much though, more than i'm willing to pay.

Soldato
I can certainly see the benefits of this, and I'm sure it's up to Dell standards in terms of colour reproduction. I'd like one for desktop use at work, you know if my company paid for it :D I'll stick with 2560x1440 at home though.

Soldato
2u5gtmp.jpg

Vs 30"

Way too expensive for what it is. I bought a U3011 for £600 and it has almost the same width plus way more vertical space. Sick of 1080 resolution bring back 1200. Also you would have to sit further back as the screen doesn't curve in so it would be like having a 23" monitor way far back.

Associate
U3011 for £600 would presumably be a refurb or second hand as new they are around £800, you have to bear in mind this is a brand new unit with a 3 year warranty , so on the same basis second hand or refurb it would be significantly less. As always with Dell they start of high once everyone starts selling they drop , that said I can see certain niches where this will be ideal but it's more niche

Soldato
2u5gtmp.jpg

Vs 30"

Way too expensive for what it is. I bought a U3011 for £600 and it has almost the same width plus way more vertical space. Sick of 1080 resolution bring back 1200. Also you would have to sit further back as the screen doesn't curve in so it would be like having a 23" monitor way far back.

Yes but a reduction of almost 1 million pixels as compared to the 30" makes life easier on the graphics card, and for most FPS players horizontal FOV is more important than vertical tbh, but I do agree with you general loss from 1200 down to 1080 as the monitor "standard" is a shame.

Last edited:
Soldato
U3011 for £600 would presumably be a refurb or second hand as new they are around £800, you have to bear in mind this is a brand new unit with a 3 year warranty , so on the same basis second hand or refurb it would be significantly less. As always with Dell they start of high once everyone starts selling they drop , that said I can see certain niches where this will be ideal but it's more niche

Nope brand new Rev09 the U3011 is just overpriced.

Yes but a reduction of almost 1 million pixels as compared to the 30" makes life easier on the graphics card, and for most FPS players horizontal FOV is more important than vertical tbh, but I do agree with you general loss from 1200 down to 1080 as the monitor "standard" is a shame.

That is true but having eyefinity with all monitor on a flat plane sucks, much better to angle the side screens in as games stretch out like that so a wall is actually beside you like the monitor when you are close to it etc.

Caporegime
Super-Widescreen 21:9. Is it the aspect ratio of the future?

Words cannot describe how much I want this new super-widescreen monitor by Dell, the Ultrasharp U2913WM.
xcvbbn.jpg

Could we be seeing more and more monitors like this in the future? I remember seeing a curved Alienware monitor at a computer exhibition that could eliminate the problem of bezels interfering with eyefinity/surround gaming and I remember thinking that it was a good idea, this solution could replace the need for dual monitor setups in businesses and it will allow you to maintain higher productivity and a faster workflow.

Not to mention the possibilities for gaming if games start to support the super widescreen aspect ratio. You could have a greater FOV or simply have the HUD on the sides of the screen meaning there is more space for the main game content.

It would be fantastic having so much uninterrupted space on one screen for everything from editing and programming right through to gaming.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was asking if people think that super widescreen monitors are the way forward and if people think that we will be seeing more monitors like this in the future... It wasn't even specifically about this monitor.

Someone must really like merging threads.

To be honest I am fed up with wondering where my thread has gone just because someone thought it would be a good idea to merge it with one which isn't even entirely relevant to what I was asking.

I just happened to mention this monitor to illustrate my question.

Please may I have my thread back now..? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought this was a prank when I first saw it. The only reason I can see for anybody wanting one is for watching films on it. As a monitor for gaming or general PC use, it seems like a terrible idea. For the same amount of money you can get a 30" Hazro HZ30Wie!

Looks stunning, and I can see professionals loving them, hence the price.
I wouldn't ordinarily single out a post for something like this, but I really don't understand your logic. If you need a monitor of this size for work, you'd be much better off getting a 30" 16:10 display; you would not only save desk space, but also get 1.3 million more pixels to play with. As Sallermas said, this is a niche product, and I don't think that niche is professional use.

Back
Top Bottom