1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Government Performance 2019-2024

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Dirk Diggler, Dec 13, 2019.

1. chroniclard

Capodecina

So long as the plebs obey the rules though.

2. StriderX

Capodecina

The police, judges and lawyers should probably just stay at home tomorrow, they're out of a job with this caveat.

3. a1ex2001

Capodecina

It only applies the organ grinder and chief none of us monkeys get the benefit. I’ve wanted to see my parents since lock down started just a socially distanced cuppa as they currently see nobody but I haven’t as it is a 150+ mile trip. Right now I don’t see any reason I shouldn’t!

4. JRS

Capodecina

It's a shame for Cummings, all those people who witnessed him being in Durham twice/maybe three times. But I guess the government is being hoist with their own petard. After all, they told us to...

*puts on sunglasses*

...stay alert.

*YYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!*

*'Won't Get Fooled Again' plays*

:cool:

5. a1ex2001

Capodecina

I see a few conservative MP’s have finally found their consciences today and are calling for him to go (only because it is damaging the party) let’s hope some more can locate theirs and the courage to do what’s right the man needs to go.

I have written to my MP asking her to call for his resignation.

6. JRS

Capodecina

7. Greebo

Caporegime

worse than that, while he was In Durham, he and his family travelled 30 miles to go for a walk along the Tees where I live!

8. BowdonUK

Mobster

I think its time for Dominic Cummings to exit the scene.

Anyone defending him is on the wrong side of the people. When knowing the full facts of the situation there was no excuse for him to drive that far, or even drive at all, as he had relatives that lived close to him.

As some others have said it seems to be one rule for us and one rule for them.

9. JeditOjanen

Mobster

It's coming out now that Cummings made a second trip to Durham, for reasons unknown. It's surely coincidental that it was on his wife's birthday. Prominent Tories are now demanding his resignation. And that will be the end of Boris, because Boris has shown time and again that he cannot do anything that Cummings doesn't tell him to. He just hides in the nearest cupboard or refrigerator.

10. Roar87

Soldato

I hope he doesn't quit, the out rage is hilarious, people are literally frothing at the mouth, you would've thought he'd travelled around the country setting up gas chambers for refugees using money set aside from Colonel Toms NHS fund with the way people are acting

11. JRS

Capodecina

Citation required for "people are literally frothing at the mouth".

'Outrage' is one word.

Please feel absolutely free to go to hell :)

12. StriderX

Capodecina

People aren't outraged for no reason, people have lost family and not been able to see them through a moral responsibility to defend others from a similar fate or avoid it altogether.

What a contempt you hold for your country.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  13. Roar87

Soldato

The compassionate left, who definitely just want the NHS funded, it's absolutely nothing to do with seething hate and jealousy for anyone better off than them

14. chroniclard

Capodecina

A person who actually had a major hand in creating the lockdown strategy goes and repeatedly breaks the rules all the peons have to obey. Wonder why people are annoyed.

15. JRS

Capodecina

People on the left like...

...these people eh?

16. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

The arrogance of the Govt's defence of him has managed to insult every other parent in the country. They obviously do not care about their children otherwise they would have travelled like Cummings. The one thing this crisis has shown is that Johnson has got his Churchill moment but he has demonstrated he is no Churchill.

17. Roar87

Soldato

I wonder because they haven't treated people like peons at all, Boris Johnson has given people massive leeway, we haven't had troops on the street or anything, Police were instructed to speak to people reasonably before handing out fines. They've gone out of their way to treat us all like adults.

The practicalities of child care are realistically a bit different when you have family in one place like Cummings but you live and work in London. I've actually cared for someone who got very sick with Covid19 and is still recovering weeks later, they would not have been at all able to look after a 4 year old.

18. Mr Badger

Soldato

"Cometh the hour, cometh the man"

Unfortunately in our case we seem to have ended up with "Cummings the muppet, Boris the clown".

19. mid_gen

Sgarrista

This is hilarious, No 10 tying themselves up in knots, getting caught telling lies.

Should just do what always happens and sack him, then quietly hire him back six month later.

Not sure how Boris will cope for that long without the puppet master pulling the strings mind...

20. chroniclard

Capodecina

No surprise only the nutters are defending it.