1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Government Performance 2019-2024

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Dirk Diggler, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Greebo

Caporegime

If you tell a lie enough times then people will eventually believe it. The Uk voting public have shown to be very susceptible to this already with Brexit.

2. JeditOjanen

Soldato

Gove has already stuck the knife in Boris with a speech this last week, I forget to whom. I don't have the link to hand unfortunately - it was on Discord and it's impossible to find things on Discord.

E: but somehow I did. It was the Ditchley Lecture.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  3. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Johnson has got some time left still, he has to absolutely hash up the Brexit deal (or no deal) first though before he gets knifed in the back, so that their successor can play the white knight coming to the rescue and try to salvage something from the mess he leaves behind.

I've a feeling Cummings will push Rishi forward for the PM job.

4. JeditOjanen

Soldato

Cummings doesn't care what comes after Johnson. He's purely there to ensure No Deal Brexit; he's already said his job will be done on January 1st when the EU transition period ends.

5. Greebo

Caporegime

The party inner circle have had Rishi down as a future PM and first ethnic PM for ages now. He was meant to be in another 10 years but they may have to bring their plans forward on that.

Cummings is only there to ensure a no deal brexit and get rid of the civil service so they cant stop any future Govt anymore and the people really in charge will be unelected and unaccountable. An amazing coup tbh. All on the back of Brexit.

6. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Not a chance, he's just getting started with tearing up the civil service.

Having quite a few friends that have worked in Whitehall, I don't have a problem with the principal of shaking things up....I just wish it was someone with some kind of ethical and moral principles underpinning their shake-up rather than a data-obsessed objectivist.

7. Steampunk

Sgarrista

They say you should never give yourself power that you don't want used against you. The next time the opposing party gets in, you've already set up the precedents and laws so they can do to you what you've done to them.

Now that the gifts of giving that were Jeremy Corbyn and Ed Milliband are gone (and the Tories did so love them in order to make themselves look good), the Tory party will show how much of the Emperor's clothes they are wearing.

8. Azza

Caporegime

TM is not happy.

9. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Imagine being so bad at government that Theresa May can credibly school you on your incompetence.

10. Uther

Capodecina

Apparently Johnson hasn't ruled out tax rises to pay for his grand plans...

11. Steampunk

Sgarrista

Is he giving the money back to councils that ten years of austerity took away, or just filling the pockets of his friends at the big private companies that will get the contracts to build stuff?

12. doodah

Capodecina

I fully expect robust tendering processes, transparency, full impact and risk assessment and independent review if needed :p.

13. Greebo

Caporegime

The second one.

14. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

And absolutely no brown envelopes stuffed full of cash, donations to Tory party funds, or promises of Directorships and other jobs for the boys.

15. Minusorange

Soldato

Is that going to be added on the tax increases we'll likely see to pay for the Covid bailouts as well ?

I notice Boris seems to like his slogans, Get Brexit done, Stay at Home, Stay Alert, Build build build, it's a shame none of them actually mean anything of any substance

16. cheesyboy

Capodecina

"Britain has had enough of experts" Gove once said.

He's sure walking that talk.

17. Mr Jack

Capodecina

And when did he conveniently mention his plans to exit? Oh yes, when he was trying to distract from his pack of Rose Garden lies. I'm surprised anyone is taking this seriously.

18. Mr Jack

Capodecina

19. StriderX

Caporegime

Seemingly the PM is shouting and gesticulating wildly about all manner of bombastic gibberish in Dudley today. If someone has the patience they would do well to transcribe it.

20. do_ron_ron

Capodecina

Gibberish in gibberish out. Hows that for a translation.:p