1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Government Performance 2019-2024

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Dirk Diggler, 13 Dec 2019.

1. doodah

Capodecina

Supposedly around a 1/4 of the way for triggering a VoNC, a dozen or so MPs are threatening it. I won't be holding my breath...

2. Colonel_Klinck

Soldato

How has this women got this job? She hasn't a clue what she is talking about. Surely everyone knows only the BBC gets money from the licence fee?

3. Greebo

Caporegime

It gets worse. Is she really that thick?

4. NickK

Capodecina

5. a1ex2001

Capodecina

Not going to happen anytime soon, this will be dismissed as mid term blues and Boris will bungle on he is still widely regarded as the election golden ticket and why would any of the big players want to take over right now? I would be very surprised if anyone else leads the stories into the next GE.

6. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Capodecina

She was a leave supporter.
    Its becoming glaringly obvious over time isn't it, the more and more incompetent and dumb politicians were leave supporters.

Can we extrapolate that to the general public?

7. doodah

Capodecina

One week later and still waiting for the promised notes and minutes between the government and Randox in relation to recent contracts.

Steve Barclay claimed the NAO had access to the minutes the government can't locate.......

Edit - oh and we just hit the highest asylum claims in 20 years. Great job.

8. Uther

Capodecina

Well they're not doing too badly for dumb people, coining it in and living in houses you're paylng for...
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/mp-second-job-rich-list-25409320

9. doodah

Capodecina

Wallace just announced a huge restructuring of the army, more downsizing to follow. Be interested to see if they address the MoD's **** poor procurement process.

10. ltron

Mobster

11. Uther

Capodecina

It has always been that way, it's nothing new.

12. do_ron_ron

Capodecina

No chance, lots of politicians and senior civil servants use the 'revolving door' to move over to the companies they were giving big contracts to.

13. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Capodecina

Yep, for most the gravy train starts after their time in office, but as per all the current problems for some its during as well

I guess I should explain I don't mean dumb per dictionary definition, but dumb as in, they have to act dumb in order to defend their "polices"

Its gone beyond spin to act dumb now in my opinion. Clearly many are actually very intelligent.
    Take Boris, hes no idiot, and yet he plays the part to perfection when it suits as a defence mechanism.

14. Greebo

Caporegime

Indeed. A friend of mine was telling me that he has seen Boris ruffle his hair and clothes up before leaving a building to face the press/public in order to specifically put out that image.

15. ltron

Mobster

I have never seen anything like the current Conservatives in that regard. Either I was very naive when it came to previous governments or they are not equivalent.

16. doodah

Capodecina

Another promise broken though I think this one already was with the supposed 16k already cut, plus a further 9k to come.
    I think this was a Johnson pledge rather than a full blown manifesto pledge.

Party of business.......OK we're the party of the armed services.......eerrmm we're the party of small government/less spending......fine we're the party of home owners, xenophobes and anti-reality numpkins.

Edit - about time though too many won't care. I've tagged Laura Kuenssberg on Twitter to this piece - maybe she could find an example to update her shoddy article a few months back.

Apparently those that left today's 1922 meeting were laughing and being jovial (staged or more likely they were easily won over by whatever Johnson promised them).

Last edited: 25 Nov 2021
  17. Dolph

Man of Honour

Indeed, the current shower is like no other in modern times, from any side of the house.

18. a1ex2001

Capodecina

But of course the believers will endlessly spout that all politicians are the same despite repeated evidence to the contrary. It is like Boris has mind control powers.

19. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

Well, he did get Brexit done!

20. a1ex2001

Capodecina

Sort of….only the pesky EU hoodwinked him and stole Northern Ireland…..so now we need to renegotiate the whole thing…….balls…..