UK Government Performance 2019-2024

Caporegime
Excellent, hope Paddy Power do one as well. A good 5 minutes of my midday meeting was spent discussing how ridiculous a situation we're in with Johnson.

Something of note, Starmer said "can't you see the British public think he's lying through his teeth". Hoyle didn't interject.
Hoyle can't. It was cunningly crafted to be just the right side of the house rules. It was technically an observation, not a direct accusation of lying.
Ah okay then. Back to Hoyle protecting liars more, and punishing accusers. Still, nice wording from Starmer.

Last edited:
Associate
Starmer did well, but why didn't he mention the "BYOB" email to this "work event"?

Probably yet to be proved factual. Unless said email hasn't been shared already? (Don't say by Cummings :D)

I didn't watch the announcement live, however I have now read it. I still expect some sort of investigation, clearly someone didn't go ...."hold on here, this is a big event, what are we doing" etc.

Caporegime
Probably yet to be proved factual. Unless said email hasn't been shared already? (Don't say by Cummings :D)

I didn't watch the announcement live, however I have now read it. I still expect some sort of investigation, clearly someone didn't go ...."hold on here, this is a big event, what are we doing" etc.

It would seem quite a few of the people invited replied along those lines. It still went ahead.

Soldato
Hoyle can't. It was cunningly crafted to be just the right side of the house rules. It was technically an observation, not a direct accusation of lying.

Hoyle said it was an observation not a direct accusation. Good that it was mentioned as the youGov poll said he should resign. (56%)

Soldato
It's not even an apology when he says things like it was "technically within the rules" or "I believed implicitly that this was a work event.", does the country really need/want somebody in charge who can't tell the difference between work and party ?

Soldato
The point about the enquiry is that it will take months and people will forget. Unless new things happen or more donors withdraw support. You can bet there is a massive hunt for the leaker of the e-mail.

Yeah. I think there's a lot of support in the Tory party for doing this too. They really want rid of Johnson post local elections in May. New PM can pin any defeats on him. Clean slate etc.

There will be more evidence that will be dripped and then a final smoking gun delivered at just the right time. Local election results will kill any support he might get from the back benchers.

Caporegime
Now we know why he was so smug the other day when questioned about it, as always sorry when rumbled. Heartfelt my ring, absolute scumbag.

Associate
Yeah. I think there's a lot of support in the Tory party for doing this too. They really want rid of Johnson post local elections in May. New PM can pin any defeats on him. Clean slate etc.

There will be more evidence that will be dripped and then a final smoking gun delivered at just the right time. Local election results will kill any support he might get from the back benchers.

Decent analysis.

Big questions about johnson's comes team here. Rule no 1 when something bad is alleged is you go to the whole team and say "is there anything else related/ similar to this that could come up?", and you can prepare the lines for those items not yet out in the open.

That someone didn't do that (and hundreds were in on that email) suggest terrible incompetence.

Soldato
Decent analysis.

Big questions about johnson's comes team here. Rule no 1 when something bad is alleged is you go to the whole team and say "is there anything else related/ similar to this that could come up?", and you can prepare the lines for those items not yet out in the open.

That someone didn't do that (and hundreds were in on that email) suggest terrible incompetence.

Either that or he ignored the advice.