UK Government Performance 2019-2024

Soldato
They had regular Friday "wine time". On a bike!

I'm not sure what's worse

The fact we have lying politicians who show the upmost contempt to the populace and are brazen to have one rule for them and another for the plebs or.....

That we have a bunch of drunks running the country (At least this explains how things have gone terribly bad since they got voted in)

Caporegime
Go to the toilet, new scandal. Have dinner, more scandals. God knows what the Sunday reveal is going to be like.

Soldato
I suspect the party is now over for a lot of people soon to be thrown under a bus to save the boss.

Soldato
This **** just keeps coming doesn't it! At this point I don't think anything would surprise me. The line has been crossed so many times it's ceased to exist. All the lies around policies (eg the 40 new hospitals etc) and Brexit buffoonery (the whole thing, but specifically stuff like the NI issue) just don't even seem worth remarking on any more, the blatant lack of integrity shown by the No 10 events is such a clear and foundational problem with the government.

And this is only the stuff that's been revealed to the public.

I always thought Boris was a terrible choice for PM and knew he had a history of dishonesty, laziness, and philandering, but still had no idea quite how low he and his government could sink.

Soldato
Kate Josephs, former head of the taskforce that decided the Covid rules, now CEO of Sheffield City Council has joined the ranks of weaksauce apologies:

She should resign or be sacked.
I have written to my local councillor suggesting if he wants my vote in the next election a highly visible campaign to remove her should start tomorrow!

Soldato
I don't give a damm about the death of price Phillip. Linking the two together is nationalistic *********s
Yes, yes.

So many supporters seem to share this approach...

2019: "You're wrong! I don't support this government because they cajole my xenophobia, I support them because they share my patriotism."

2022: "I never really cared about patriotism"

The only interesting point is how these Johnsonn voters think anyone is surprised.