UK Government Performance 2019-2024

Soldato
Boris is claiming that no-one told him the party was against the rules. Isn't that just the most lame and pathetic attempt at an excuse? Like, you're the bloody PM, you put these rules through Parliament, and you can't tell a frickin' after-work party is against the rules you chose? FFS.

This government is a farce. Not only that but an insult to everyone who actually obeyed the rules. They were pretty much laughing in our faces for the last 2 years.

Soldato
Because of hatred towards women by men.
In other news.
Just because the majority of crimes apparently motivated by a certain prejudice are of a certain polarity doesn't mean other hate crimes shouldn't be considered equally bad (even though I 've never liked the idea of a hate crime being somehow worse than another crime, if we're going to have them they should at least treat everyone equally). However, as I think I've found by going to the actual source, the amendment doesn't seem to make a distinction between crimes targeting people because of their sex or gender whatever their sex or gender is. The reporting about this specifically being a law against misogyny is simply inaccurate, unless I've missed something.

Soldato
Just because the majority of crimes apparently motivated by a certain prejudice are of a certain polarity
Well if the peron was attacked because they are a women it is no difference to being attacked because of race really. Some men are utter *********.

I dont think every crime commited against women will be treated like that.
The law change would enable judges to impose stronger penalties if prejudice against women is proved to be the motivation, and would also require the police to record whether crimes were motivated by a hatred of someone’s sex or gender.

Caporegime
This is significant, Cummings is prepared to swear under oath and his story has been corroborated by multiple sources.

Why does anyone think this "swear under oath" thing means a sausage? Quite apart from the fact that Sue Gray is not conducting a criminal inquiry, it's Dom: a known lying liar who lies.

Man of Honour
Why does anyone think this "swear under oath" thing means a sausage? Quite apart from the fact that Sue Gray is not conducting a criminal inquiry, it's Dom: a known lying liar who lies.

If the other sources are prepared to do the same it may hold more weight.

Caporegime
Supposed quote from a cabinet member...
The Red Wall plot to remove Boris Johnson - with Tory MPs meeting to discuss submitting letters - is not going down well in Cabinet 'It's pretty sickening. They were only elected because of him. Most of them are a load of ******* nobodies. It's nuts'
Yes you made them, but equally they can undo you. Just a shame their spines appeared only because of party-gate and not the rest of his resignation ending calamities.

Edit - too much for Sunak. You forgot your suitcase mate. Oh wait - it's just a prop to make you look more serious?

Last edited:
Associate
Is this really not a case of he said, she said?

Even if it comes out that Cummings "warned him"...the simple reply will be, "I don't remember that....anyhow it was a work event" pretty much what he said earlier in the interview anyhow.

Soldato
Is this really not a case of he said, she said?

Even if it comes out that Cummings "warned him"...the simple reply will be, "I don't remember that....anyhow it was a work event" pretty much what he said earlier in the interview anyhow.

How does the "work event" excuse stand up to any scrutiny though? It's not as though this was a one off where they were all in an essential face to face meeting and someone cracked open a bottle. People were invited to a large gathering for drinks at a time when such things were banned.

Soldato
@doodah

That quote is an attitude in a nutshell which could sink the election and the Union if unchecked, since I highly doubt the source has a better opinion of their Scottish politicians and members. Terrible optics. BoJo's usual gambit of kicking his own underlings, feigning ignorance and bluffing the obvious is backfiring badly. Not surprised to see the not so tentative daggers out of for Big Dog.

Soldato
A comedy of unforced errors: All Boris had to do was the decent thing.

It's not politics or ideology - any sane PM of any sane shade would not have landed himself in the mess that necessitated this sea of deflection, parody and chaos.

Top Bottom