UK Government Performance 2019-2024

Soldato
Trying to find a way to improve here...

ERG/CRG/Momentum et al. Membership of these groups by MP's should be stated on the ballot paper. Membership can only be obtained at each election. Cabals pushing non manifesto agendas are poison.

Soldato
Trying to find a way to improve here...

ERG/CRG/Momentum et al. Membership of these groups by MP's should be stated on the ballot paper. Membership can only be obtained at each election. Cabals pushing non manifesto agendas are poison.
Solution to this is PR as then these fringe groups could form or join parties knowing they were still likely to gain seats and influence over those in power. The ERG may well have moved to UKIP if they thought they had a prospect of election (which let’s be honest given the number of votes they should) and momentum could move to a more left wing style Labour Party. Electoral reform doesn’t solve all our problems but it would help put an end to the two big parties constantly balancing internal division with the need to stay together to have a hope of power.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
Interesting posts from Dan Hodges (not normally someone I'd rate, but he's close to the Tory party so presumably has good inside contacts):

The sharks are circling. Wonder whether Boris will resign as an MP when he goes as PM: I can't see him sticking around on the back benches, frankly, but he might like the salary.

He'll make more money from his PM's pension, after dinner talks, and getting a ghost writer to write his autobiography. I expect he'll be gone as soon as he can get a few non-exec directorships from the people he funnelled loads of tax payer money to.

Soldato
He'll make more money from his PM's pension, after dinner talks, and getting a ghost writer to write his autobiography. I expect he'll be gone as soon as he can get a few non-exec directorships from the people he funnelled loads of tax payer money to.
He took a pay cut to be PM. Also he has creditable authorship of several books he won't need a ghost writer.

Caporegime
Lets not forget inflation is at its highest in 30 years, there were over 400 COVID deaths yesterday, huge lorry queues are still happening at Dover, we've been made a laughing stock on the international stage by making up fibs about Ghana and sewage dumping is getting worse.

When do we start winning?
He took a pay cut to be PM. Also he has creditable authorship of several books he won't need a ghost writer.
£250k a year for a monthly column, not too shabby.

Soldato
Not sure I believe this, is he even capable of crying

The guy is under immense pressure. I was actually thinking the other day what an absolute blood bath it would be for the media if Johnson decided he couldn't take any more as in end it all, literally.

When you step back and look at the feeding frenzy and dehumanising, it's pretty ugly.

Soldato
His approach to writing a book seems somewhat unorthodox I would suggest in many other cases Co-authors would have been credited given the amount of work they put in. Al by the by though as Boris us already a wealthy man and will continue to be so once he leaves government, he will be in high demand for the after dinner circuit and has plenty of backhanders due to be cached in once he is safely out of the public view.

Soldato
The guy is under immense pressure. I was actually thinking the other day what an absolute blood bath it would be for the media if Johnson decided he couldn't take any more as in end it all, literally.

When you step back and look at the feeding frenzy and dehumanising, it's pretty ugly.
He could have saved himself from the braying pack if only he had managed to obey some simple rules he briefed the nation on and if once he broke them he was capable of delivering a decent apology and risigning.

Caporegime

So many of these problems, scandals, issues, calamities etc are purely on him. He makes almost everything worse, screws over almost everybody he comes in contact with. A narcissist and pathological liar.

This guy has ruined or made people's lives much worse, his actions have led to avoidable deaths. He has sunk the country to horrible depths. And the only consequence he'll suffer is losing a job, and then probably earn more afterwards.

Edit - it's hard to think which Tory wins the award of most hated/just plain horrible - Mogg, 'Hard man' Steve Baker, 'used car salesman' Bridgen. Dorries is shooting up the rankings fast. She is quite dumb (this is from some of her Select Committee appearances), particularly nasty and unsurprisingly - a hypocrite.

Edit - attack troll looks apoplectic with Davis :D.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Keir "I'm sure their chief whip told them to bring their own booze". He is capable of humour. Beep bop.

And he's off "if we listened to Labour, we'd still be in lockdown............fastest growing economy in the G7". Nothing, absolutely nothing to offer.