UK Government Performance 2019-2024

Soldato
Waste of PMQ’s though repeating the same question constantly, there’s not going to be any different answer than “wait for the inquiry”

That's what happens when a PM stubbornly refuses to do what's expected of him and employs a cheap delaying tactic.

Caporegime
Waste of PMQ’s though repeating the same question constantly, there’s not going to be any different answer than “wait for the inquiry”

Exactly, and the inquiry will be worded in such a way that it absolves him of any direct responsibility.

I'm not sure the Tories will oust him...

That was great from David Davis!

Soldato
So much for that classical education.

Not often I'll cheer David Davis.

Indeed. Doesn't know the rules and doesn't know one of the most famous parliamentary quotations. Perhaps he is an idiot after all.

didn't Johnson write a book on Churchill?

Caporegime
As MPs leave the chamber after PMQs, the microphone distinctly picked up someone muttering "what a [Richard]".

What did 'I don't need a pen' David Davis do?

He called for Johnson to quit, quoting Amery's famous parliamentary cry of "You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go" given just before Chamberlain was replaced.

Edit: Seeing a replay he skipped the middle part and said "You have sat there too long for the good you have done. In the name of God, go".

didn't Johnson write a book on Churchill?

A very bad one by all account.

Last edited:
Soldato
Could be either tbh, I can hear both words depending what I focus on. Probably not the most important part of the session mind.

Soldato
He took a pay cut to be PM. Also he has creditable authorship of several books he won't need a ghost writer.

Sure he didn't plagiarise those books? Nothing would surprise me, including getting someone else to ghost his autobiography so he doesn't have to bother. Boris is a master at getting someone else to do all the work while he claims the credit. I know about the pay cut (after he got sacked from his other jobs for lying), because apparently he's been complaining about it since day one, and he can't wait to get out of No 10 so he can really start cashing in. He's got a <unknown number> of kids to support along with his expensive tastes.