1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Muslim population 'rising 10 times faster than rest of society'

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by scorza, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Rich_L

Capodecina

Speak for yourself. As a 'British person' I have no problem with the vast majority of Muslims going about their days peacefully.

2. Vesta_Man

PermaBanned

Speak for yourself. :mad:
    I have many friends that are immigrants and they are amongst some of my most loyal friends!

3. 86JR

PermaBanned

Me neither. Though do you not get fed up with certain things. A prime example, women Muslims get to wear clothing and only their eyes are covered. They even get to wear this in court. We cant.

4. fini

Sgarrista

I assume you mean only their eyes are uncovered. If so, you are talking about a burka or niqab, which is not a religious garment (it is a cultural one) so has nothing to do with this discussion.

5. Efour

Caporegime

Are all of you Anti immigrant Muslim hater guys really so blind as to not see its the vocal minority scaring you - and i assume you are scared, because some of the dribble you come out with must be from desperation.

I beg you to get off your backside and do something about what you perceive as the problem- the majority of people here are intelligent and are still not going to entertain your nonsense - so, and i love saying this, get out there and do some leaflet dropping or go stand in the town square with a clipboard telling the locals, that every Muslim they see is a suicide bomber, eats weird food, smells funny etc. Only by doing that are you going to make a change - not chatting to Liberal people like me on a pc hardware forum.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  6. K1LLSW1TCH

Caporegime

SEND THEM BACK!

:p

I've no problem with Muslims going about their business, but I think they should not forget that they are in Britain, not the Middle East. Those who are immigrants should be thankful they are allowed in such a place of opportunity and if they go about their lives normally and they abide by British laws then there's no problem really.

It's just a case of Muslim extremists grabbing the headlines and tarring all of the others with the same brush. It's the same with blacks, or any other ethnic minority. Black steals a car = All blacks steal cars.

7. Tefal

Capo Crimine

what makes you think they want to come here though?

8. The Running Man

Caporegime

you have no problem, i.e you tolerate but given a choice would you choose it? did you actively WANT it or did it just happen and now you can accept it? there is a huge difference between the two.

so because you have some friends, this justifies 5 or 10 million, whatever the number is, of extra people within the country, and the extra problems that the overpopulation will bring?

Who? and is that relevant even if they did not. What i am talking about is the need, want or desire of the british ppl to bring more people in from other countries.

9. dirtydog

PermaBanned

He didn't say they would. He was talking hypothetically.

10. The Running Man

Caporegime

do you agree with my very crude top level assessment of the situation as i laid out above?

11. dirtydog

PermaBanned

I do.

12. wozencl

Hitman

Are you sure about that? I'll be the first to admit that Islam isn't a subject I'm overly familar with but I am sure that there is something in Koran or Hadith about "hiding the beauty" (I'm paraphrasing as I cannot remember the exact text). The interpretation of this may depend on the country you are in or the Iman you speak to - some say it means to cover the hair, others everything but the eyes and hands - but many people wear them out of feeling of religious obligation. It isn't like our wearing of suits and ties or tuxedos.

This, I believe, is where the issue lies. People perceive others being given special treatment be it in benefits or housing and this inevitably leads to resentment. If the government did more to inform people how the system works - I'm sure on the whole no group is given preferential treatment on the basis of their race or religion in housing or benefits - then the exceptional cases reported in the likes of th Daily Mail would lose their impact.

13. Yas786

Caporegime

Oh really??....Nick Griffen is that you??.

Do you have proof that the British people that you speak for dont want muslims here??...

14. Yas786

Caporegime

Of course he does...hes on the same BNP page as you isnt he??

Well unless english women have a religious dress or head garment they can wear then i dont see the problem with that. My problem is my fellow muslim men who seem to think its perfectly ok to force their wives or daughters to wear a hijaab, burkha or niqaab when in reality there is no compulsion for a muslim woman to wear one. I have plenty of aunts and cousins who wear a hijaab but they wear it because they WANT to not because they are force to wear it. It does say in the Quran that a muslim woman should cover her beauty ie hair usually or dress modestly...nowhere does it say that it should be forced upon a woman to wear a hijaab, niqaab or burkha...thats solely down to cultural reasons why some women are being forced to wear one and ill reiterate that as a muslim i dont agree with it one single bit.

15. wozencl

Hitman

To be honest, and I am not condoning the view in the slightest, I think the majority of British people would agree with his statement. Why? Simply because the average British person, who reads The Sun not The Guardian, is going to have a completely distorted view of the Muslim population as a whole and Islam as a religion. Hostility stems from ignorance.

16. dirtydog

PermaBanned

Does it? The only time you can be hostile towards something or someone is when you don't know what they are really like or you don't understand it?

17. The Running Man

Caporegime

oh no, i am at last after 7 years unmasked??

i am of immigrant stock you lout! i am aware of the feelings towards people like us. But can i ask why u ask for only one particularly religiously minded people and not ALL immigrants?

do you have any proof that they all DO actively want this level of population change and increase in density.

did they all recieve personal invitations? a red carpet reception? flag waving, mass population drives to bring even more to these shores? er... no...

You'd have to be quite foolish to even insinuate that this scale of movement is actually beneficial to this country, or its people.

18. Yas786

Caporegime

Which is exactly what i keep saying...ignorance breeds hatred and resentment although DD and others will claim it doesnt.

19. FoxEye

Capodecina

brilliant idea.

how about we start showing premier league games in churches too? maybe get some xboxes in there, have a trendy cafe in the back.

you got me thinking now...

20. dirtydog

PermaBanned

The idea that being opposed to something means you don't understand it, is a logical fallacy. Perhaps I and others understand very well, yet are still opposed. It isn't ignorance, quite the opposite.