1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Muslim population 'rising 10 times faster than rest of society'

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by scorza, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Gaidin109

Mobster

I dont think they are trying to kill them all, just move them up and to the right a bit.

2. dirtydog

PermaBanned

This was posted in GD earlier, I think it is appropriate to this thread too.

3. Rich_L

Capodecina

No, I'm pretty sure it does belong in GD...

4. Chimerical

Soldato

5. regulus

Sgarrista

I know your post is meant tongue in the cheek, but I suppose it is a valid question as well. Why don't Christians have more kids? Is it because Christians prefer a higher standard of living therefore less kids = more money to spend?

6. RDM

Capodecina

It is probably more that Christians have been here longer. If you look at birth rates for immigrants that have been here for a while they tend to move towards the nations average. So a newly immigrant family may have more kids now, but their kids will probably have less and their kids similar to the native birth rate.

7. Yas786

Caporegime

Right out of the BNP's anti islamic propaganda machine:p.

8. Meridian

Man of Honour

It's even quicker than that: birthrates drop off soon after the immigrants settle in the new country, and their children, never mind their grandchildren, tend to have birthrates commensurate with the locals.

Right back in the 1960s the UN commissioned a huge study to find out what caused differences in birthrates across the world. This was the first panic about the Population Time-Bomb. The answer that I suspect many of you would have is: poverty. Except it turns out that the there is only limited linkage between poverty levels, absolute or relative, and birthrates. It also didn't explain the high birthrates in the rich oil-producing countries. It wasn't religion either: in theory Catholicism in Italy bans contraception, but Italy had the lowest birthrate in Europe. It turns out that there is a near-total inverse correlation between female literacy levels and birthrate. Note: female literacy levels; male levels are independent. This is why the oil-producing arab countries had high birthrates: only the men got educated. So what do you suppose happens when these ill-educated women come to Britain and get an education? That's right; the decide there are more important things than a life spitting out children for their husband.

M

9. dirtydog

PermaBanned

I guess the massive explosion in Muslim population in the West must be a figment of people's imagination then.

10. RDM

Capodecina

Really depends on how you define "massive explosion". The UK is looking at possibly 1m more muslims than in the 2001 survey (will have to wait another few years to get the 2011 survery results). But the majority of the increase seems to have been from immigration rather than them "breeding us out" as it were.

11. Floogie

Hitman

I don't think people really disagree with that. However the video is a bit dodgy in how it mixes some fact with some fiction. Forecasting demographics is a very tricky business indeed.

12. Pendu

Gangster

+1, very informative, any chance of a link to this stuff, perhaps in more depth.

13. Meridian

Man of Honour

Sorry mate - came across it in a TV program some years ago. Shouldn't be too hard to do your own research since you know what you are looking for.

M

14. toon_mad

Mobster

was watching border control on sky three yesterday, its basically a bunch of cops who hunt down immigrants and other foreign rubbish who have snook in the country.

it annoyed the hell out of me when they catch a fair few, then give them a court date, and guess what, they are never to be seen again. they use multiple id's and slip through the invisible net easily.

if i was one of these immigration force people, the only place they will be going is out of this country, whether that means they swim the channel and drown or what, i dont give a stuff. just get the scum out!!

15. Yas786

Caporegime

Or just a massive exaggeration to keep the 'fear' so to speak alive;)

16. regulus

Sgarrista

smooth

17. theforce

Wise Guy

Since my country has the smallest population in the EU, foreign "minorities", most of them muslims are easily felt here. Anyway l don't have a problem with foreigners but if a country wants to import foreign quality workers then why not look for agnostics or atheists?

I find a person who doesn't believe fiction is real much more credible and potentially much smarter than someone who believes all that mumbo jumbo.

18. SlugForAButt

Wise Guy

But can you prove the figures incorrect?

19. RDM

Capodecina

At 2.56 it mentions the islamic birth rate of France to be 8.1. No country in the world has a birth rate of 8.1 and the various old colonies most of the immigrants are coming from have birth rates around 1.8 to 2.5. Are you seriously suggesting that the average number of kids a muslim immigrant to france has is four times higher than in their home country? That is just the start, later on in the video it states that 25% of the population are muslim in Belgium while the actual % is around 6%. There are plenty of other examples too. The video is mostly lies.

20. scorza

Caporegime