1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UKIP and youtube generation

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by inflames, Jun 20, 2018.

1. inflames

Hitman

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that some youtube content creators have now joined UKIP, i know one that i follow and generally like his material has now joined. Seems like those who have and are now trying to convince other to join. Could this be a re-birth, rebranding and direction for UKIP? I have never voted for them in the past and i doubt i will now. It just seems to be very interesting?

2. JeditOjanen

Mobster

If you're talking about Sargon of Akkad, someone made an enquiry. UKIP replied that nobody of his name had applied to join the party, and even if he had applied they'd have rejected him because he goes around dropping the N-bomb in public instead of using party approved dogwhistles. Typical edgelord behaviour, in other words: talk the talk, never walk the walk, and lie about it to make yourself look cool on da Toobz.

3. AETAaAS

Gangster

Maybe, UKIP was a single issue party. After the Brexit vote, they had nothing left. They ran out of ideas fast and got annihilated in the elections, losing all but 3 seats (down 123 seats). I don't see them being taken seriously anytime soon, given how Brexit is going.

4. Evangelion

Capodecina

Just remind me: what's UKIP? I have a vague recollection of a defunct political party that chose its leader by the simple expedient of a punch-up in the car park. Is that the same bunch of nutters?

5. dowie

Caporegime

From a quick google it seems a few of them have supposedly joined... "Count Dankular" joined and then some blue checkmark people on twitter got triggered... some argument along the lines of "you're far right", "well you're far left", "well you're ugly" was had... and not being able to respond to the "you're ugly" criticism so he got a better looking (than him at least) youtuber - Paul Jospeh Watson to join too.

I'm not really sure what the point of UKIP is these days - once we've got to independence day next year surely the party should just dissolve.

6. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

I'm glad that some of these political online commentators have decided to join the political system. Though I'm not sure UKIP is the best vehicle for them.

7. Evangelion

Capodecina

8. insideline

Perma Banned

Prison Paul, Sargan of Akkad and Count Dancula

What a spectacular combo of cringe

9. Evangelion

Capodecina

10. chroniclard

Capodecina

Sounds like I am better off not knowing who any of these people are. :D

11. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Same.

Youtube personalities - Yeesh.

I'm often told they are less biased than "real critics" or "real journalists" etc, yet they need as many views as they can get to monetise their Youtube accounts and make a living, and inevitably you end up with Clickbait *****.

12. dowie

Caporegime

SC is basically just GD these days...

13. Skunkworks

Soldato

Only without a soul.

14. Zatoichi.uK

Mobster

Lets be honest, every choice available to us is a complete crap shoot. I won't be surprised if UKIP gain traction as all they have to do is make a few semi sensible policies to separate themselves from everyone else and people will buy into it.

15. Evangelion

Capodecina

UKIP's raging about the Brexit train wreck, but they're not offering a viable alternative and all their momentum has been lost. They're yesterday's news.

16. D.P.

Caporegime

While it is clear the entire part stood around Farage rather than the issue itself, and with Farage in it only to make money and stroke his ego, the party is complete nothing. I've had farts hang around longer.

17. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

Excluding the Tory voters, if there are any right wing voters here, would you welcome Farage back to UKIP or are you happy with the way Gerard Batten is guiding the party?

18. Evangelion

Capodecina

Has UKIP ever won a Commons seat where the candidate wasn't a Tory defector?

19. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

I was aiming the question more at the supporter base.

Or are you saying that the supporter base is mainly ex-Tories?

20. billysielu

Capodecina

Well, it boils down to where the UKIP voters would come from. I'd guess it would make Labour better off by dividing more Tory votes than Labour votes, but who really knows.