1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UKIP and youtube generation

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by inflames, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Overlag

Capodecina

Where is the rage when Frankie Boyle says that sort of stuff?

2. Evangelion

Capodecina

So, now that UKIP is dead, I wonder how Carl Benjamin will seek to reinvent himself (yet again).

3. neckbeardthethird

Hitman

He'll just go back to making terrible youtube videos for easily grifted teenagers and young adults who don't really care too much about politics beyond screeching about 'Libt4rds' and 'Feminazi's'.

4. BowdonUK

Mobster

I don't really care about carl benjamin though he does have the balls to stand up in public and defend himself. The guy gets called lots of names. Meanwhile if an mp is called a nazi or a traitor they are running off to the police.

5. StriderX

Capodecina

Probably because those MPs have had dozens if not hundreds of death threats, after the murder of Jo Cox, id be doing the same thing, if only to get rid of the loudmouth ****.

6. BowdonUK

Mobster

The MP's are on the gravy train. They want all the money but none of the personal responsibility for their actions, career politicians. As soon as an issue comes up that they get some backlash about they can't take it.

They need to resign and let other people who will stand up and say what they think.

7. Tony Edwards

Mobster

Milkshake!

8. MadMossy

Soldato

Our elected servants are now our masters.

9. Meridian

Man of Honour

Rape threats and death threats are not "backlash. They are threats, and illegal. They are also blatant attempts to silence by bullying. Yes, similar happens to alt-righters, but seldon to the same degree. And yes, it's illegal when it happens to them as well.

10. The_Abyss

Capodecina

If MPs want all the money then they probably shouldn't have picked being an MP. Fewer than 700 roles available in the country, and only a handful of those paying 6 figure salaries (although the pension benefits are excellent) - not great prospects really, are they.

11. Werewolf

Commissario

Sorry I think you meant MEP, you've just described the "man of the people" Farage there, to a T, or should that be to a pint (be it of McDonalds best Milkshake, or some ale he is holding because he thinks it makes him look more normal and one of the lads).

12. BowdonUK

Mobster

Wow haven't you guys heard of career politicians? When that phrase was said it was about MP's. MEP's are on an even bigger train along with commissioners it seems to be the choice of failed politicians in each country.

I'm not talking about the substance of what he said. I wouldnt say something like that. But if he wants to say it then he as to take the backlash of his comments. That is how free speech works (which he says he advocates for). Now when we move past him as a personality, how many of the keyboard warriors on here would go in to a hostile crowd and stand your ground debating with people who hate you? I bet not many. If your a brexiteer then standing in a remainer crowd, or a remainer standing in a brexit crowd. You can have admiration for someone without endorsing them.

13. Evangelion

Capodecina

Nigel Farage MEP agrees with you.

14. BowdonUK

Mobster

You don't think there is a problem with career politicians?

Btw, I would consider Farage a career politician too.

15. neckbeardthethird

Hitman

16. BowdonUK

Mobster

17. Zatoichi.uK

Mobster

Feel quite bad for Garard. All anyone ever asked him about was Tommy bloody Robinson.

18. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

It was probably the most contentious thing he did while leader so naturally he will get quizzed about it.

19. neckbeardthethird

Hitman

What else did he expect when he employed him ? same goes for employing Carl of Swindon... It was always going to be a train-wreck of bad publicity.

20. Zatoichi.uK

Mobster

Well there would have been some cross over between fans of TR and UKIP voters. I always thought Gerard was in a difficult situation with that decision and he seemed to do the right thing by using TR as an advisor only. He could never have been a member anyway. In the end it didn't matter with the Brexit Party seemingly getting MSM support.

It was quite funny seeing Gerards face as people like Carl made their public statements. If nothing else it was fun to watch it play out.