1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UKIP and youtube generation

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by inflames, Jun 20, 2018.

1. JeditOjanen

Mobster

You are. America has more mass shootings per year committed by white supremacists than it has milkshake-level incidents committed by Antifa.

2. StriderX

Capodecina

The first mistake with that analogy is implying a car crash is an accident, there is always someone to blame, nice insight though.

3. terley

Wise Guy

And all mass-shottings are far-right influenced?

4. StriderX

Capodecina

Most.

5. efish

Wise Guy

Not sure if that is the case.

It extremist violence (violence that can be associated with an extreme ideology) rather than the type.
    In acts of violence where extreme ideology is the factor, white supremacy has risen as a factor in recent years.

Liberal media is using that as vehicle to attack Trump, the right under attack claim its all a conspiracy or myth. Politics is in danger of overwhelming the reality here.

One factor I think that psychologists attribute to mass shootings in general, is prolonged media exposure of the events.

Someone somewhere State- side will be sitting watching it all, noting all the attention and publicity and thinking, I can do that and I can do it better.
    More people will die.

Lack of responsibility here by both sides.

6. BowdonUK

Mobster

The problem is that we're generally presented statistics from groups with a certain bias. We saw during the el paso and dayton, ohio weekend of shooting that out of the 4 mass shootings only 2 were covered by the national media outlets. The other 2 that wasn't covered involved shootings in the black community. When incidents happen that doesn't fit in to the ideology of the people presenting their 'stats' they just don't include them, or are selective in how they present it.

The fact is most gun deaths in the US are due to suicide. If people were genuinely concerned about gun control they would have pushed this fact a lot more. But no, they would rather put a left vs right spin on to it.

7. BowdonUK

Mobster

Getting back to the UKIP topic..

I'm beginning to think these UKIP leaders are plants by the state paid to embarrass themselves. Here is the latest gaffe from Dick Braine;

UKIP's new leader Richard Braine said he often confuses Sadiq Khan with a London bomber
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/richard-braine-ukip-sadiq-khan

New UKip leader Richard Braine sparks a race row with a tweet saying he 'often confuses' London mayor Sadiq Khan with the terrorist leader of the 7/7 bombers who killed 52 people in the capital 12 years ago
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-race-row-tweet-Sadiq-Khan-7-7-terrorist.html

It seems that the tweet was done at the end of June. What are the chances that the people who voted for him to be the new leader knew about this tweet? I bet none of them. UKIP seem to be riddled with idiots, ego-maniacs and potentially bad actors. It's about time they closed shop and either followed old Nige, or find themselves another home, as this UKIP boat is going down.

8. terley

Wise Guy

Source?

9. efish

Wise Guy

Clearly the Trump appointed Republican leading the F.B.I has a left wing bias and gets all his stats from C.N.N.

The real threat facing America is left wing people believing everything they see on C.N.N. rather than a rise in domestic terrorism by hate groups.